Need Help. Created a new molding but cant manipulate it

Michael_Lewis

Need Help. Created a new molding but cant manipulate it. I created a soldier course molding and really like the way it works except i can Miter the ends or trim or even bring another layer to the front to cover it.. When you open the plan pull up the front elevation and youll see what im talking about. Ideas Please???

Lot 8 Brock Village.plan

Why would a room divider not connect properly to a wall. Same plan as above. trying to separate the kitchen, dining and living rooms. I have actually moved exterior step out wall as well to try to accommodate a proper connection and still not working. Screen Shot included too.

Screen shot wall not connecting.jpg

1 hour ago, Michael_Lewis said:

Why would a room divider not connect properly to a wall. Same plan as above. trying to separate the kitchen, dining and living rooms. I have actually moved exterior step out wall as well to try to accommodate a proper connection and still not working. Screen Shot included too.

Screen shot wall not connecting.jpg

Are you sure it is a connection issue and not an Off angle issue with the 1/2 wall?  click the yellow triangle it should tell you....

here are a couple of possible fixes for the missing drywall on the end of the full wall where the 1/2 wall meets it too....

18 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

that is strange.....it shows as a normal width wall

That's because its a pony wall with the main (upper) wall type set to be a room divider but with the lower set to be displayed in plan views...

5a1093b4cf340_Ponywall.thumb.jpg.46aa64396ab9d7497ed4186efc3fe51b.jpg

...Its just doing as it was told.

I think you're probably making that spot a lot more complicated than it needs to be.  There are other ways as well but maybe try something like this instead. It's probably the quickest and easiest...

Railing.thumb.jpg.dfaf8cf5b60efb96da1e1b8daf891206.jpg

Railing Fix.plan

Ahhhhh   good find ,  I have never seen a 1/2 wall setup that way  :)  so I never dug that deep  ....... I now see he did say it was a Ponywall ( common term here) but I didn't think he had made one in CA for it, normally I just set Railing , then solid then set the newel height to the wall height needed.

M.