Room Divider

brushpark

OK, I have seen this issue on the blog before, but still can't find the fix.  I want to use the room divider tool, so I could have two different ceiling heights and the divider wall removed the drywall on the connecting wall.  It is possible to use this tool with two different ceiling heights?

room divider plan.jpg

room divider.jpg

1 hour ago, brushpark said:

OK, I have seen this issue on the blog before, but still can't find the fix.  I want to use the room divider tool, so I could have two different ceiling heights and the divider wall removed the drywall on the connecting wall.  It is possible to use this tool with two different ceiling heights?

room divider plan.jpg

room divider.jpg

Yes the trick is to use a second short (12") room divider line right on the end of the Short wall , this will stop the Main Room Divider wall joining properly to the short wall so the drywall will then wrap the end of the short wall too.

You will then need to add a molding polyline to the room and uncheck the "no molding on this edge" box to add the base back to the end of the Short Wall too.

Capture34.JPG

Capture36.JPG

Capture33.JPG

All good suggestions, or should I say work-arounds to a simple issue automatically. I find it hard to believe the coders could not figure out a solution to complete the wall end. As Designers and Architects, we should not have to spend our creative time working through functional matters such as these. I would much prefer to see all of us posting beautiful examples of the work we do with a awesome program and not fixes. Image the thousands of, combined, hours we spend trying to find ways to solve common structural elements. I’m sorry but this makes no sense to me.

• Upvote 2