Exploded Symbols?!?!

phil1322

Hello,

I've experienced a few issues with symbols imported from 3D Warehouse. The symbol seem to import all the individual parts exploded out?   

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing it, and how to fix it?? 

Attached just a couple of examples....And also the original picture of what they're supposed to look like.....

Hope you can help, 

Regards,

Phil

post-1119-0-41634700-1405935709_thumb.jpg

post-1119-0-70682600-1405935733_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure how to tell what SU version it was built in, but when i downloaded the files I had the option to download 'SU 2013, SU 2008 or Google Earth KMZ models' I chose 2008 and 2013 but had the same issue with both?

Phil 

I have never had that problem. In SU, when you click on the model is the whole thing selected or just a surface or section? You may need to drag a marquee around the whole model, right click and select make component and then try the download and import.

Is the model "normal" when you open it in SU?  What version of SU are you using?  Try doing a "Save As..." version 8 from SU, then use the import tool in the CA File menu (File>Import).  If no magic, then try dragging the file into a blank CA plan.

jon

I initially tried dragging it over from the folder I saved it in an that's when I was getting the issue, once I tried importing it, it seemed to work for this symbol, however I do still get it happening with other symbols but it's sporadic sometimes it doesn't happen at all other times no matter what I do I can't get it to import as a single symbol...

I use Chief x6 and SU Pro 2014 by the way.....

Thank you for everyone's input so far, i'll keep you all updated if it happens again...

Cheers,

Phil