Chief user catalog gone... but not!

jda12arch

Hey everyone,

I just ran into a problem where my user catalog is gone, but if I search for something I saved, it comes up... So it isn't gone but I can't access the list... any ideas?  I had read that chief support could probably fix it, but if you have any quick solutions I would love to hear it!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, glennw said:

Sounds good, but probably not the correct answer in this case, because you can't filter the User library.

You can create a User Library  Filter ..... That DBX works backwards from what you would expect , read it carefully , you select what you DON'T want a filter to show so.... 

Add a new Filter  name it USER and then check select all  in all 3 categories  , hit Ok  and it will now only search the User Library.... as you have de-selected EVERYTHING else

I also have a Filter for Core, Bonus and Manufacturers' setup using the same method.... seems to work okay here...

Not that the above helps the OP ......

contact support BEFORE to try too much yourself so you don't Overwrite existing Files by accident....

M.

17 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

You can create a User Library  Filter ..... That DBX works backwards from what you would expect , read it carefully , you select what you DON'T want a filter to show so....

Yes, i understand all that, but..

In this case, the User catalog is not displaying - we want to make it display.

What you are describing is a way to hide everything apart from the User catalog, but...if the User catalog is not displaying....?

You can filter the User catalog so it is the only catalog to display, but you can't use a filter to make the User catalog display if it is not displaying for some reason.

Ahhhh  ...I did not understand from your 1st post pic how that was going to solve this User's issue.... quite the opposite , and your 2nd post to me read like you could not filter for Items in the User Library ... but I see now you meant you could not filter for the User Library itself....

M.