bump out window

Designer1

Im looking for some guidance on how to create a realistic bump out curved roof.  Could someone give me some chief #s I could plug in to the curved room dbx that would give me a desired roof similar to this one.  Im just looking for something that is obviously buildable and realistic but also has a nice curve like the one in this link.  I keep playing with different numbers but not getting good results.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=PD0S6nWm&id=172FA9EB6646FBC8382F42B5921A38569A356A39&thid=OIP.PD0S6nWmkMNWM2_DrPexQAEsDh&q=house+bump+outs&simid=607997208702289548&selectedIndex=68&ajaxhist=0

Thanks,

Chad

Draw the roof plane at the correct pitch (say...25deg?) - this will be fixed by the bottom and top heights of the roof.

Ignore angle at eave and ridge.

Use a negative value for the Radius and start with a value of about 6' and see how that looks

• Upvote 1

Michael, sorry for the late response been away from my computer all day.  I dont have a plan to post because the plan is in design development and I know Im going to do a bumpout in the next day or two so I wasnt sure the best route to get good results.

Glen and Eric thanks so much for the replies and advice!  When I start the bumpout design I will follow your guidelines because the results you posted look great!

Thanks so much for everyones help!

Chad