Drawer base Cabinets and an Appliance cabinet

Bretkennedy74

HI all. I am having a little issue with working out how to do drawers. I watched the video and saw that you can add in the drawer to the heirachy and then set the heights and what not. I like chief because of its realism, and there are obviously many benefits that I am not familiar with. I am a kitchen and bathroom contractor, so I am trying to keep it simple for now. The previous program I used to use had a catalogue of base cabinets, drawer cabinets, pantrys and wall cabinets. If I am not missing something, it seems that I have to 'create' a drawer cabinet each time I want one? As opposed to having an option for 'drawer base' and then choosing the size?

If that is the case, is there a way I can make a drawer base ( I use prefab mostly, so the drawers are always the same, 3 drawers. and we just adjust the widths) and save it so that I can just place it like I do cabinets?

My second question relates to an appliance cabinet my client wants. basically its a cabinet with a few shelves that sits on the top of the counter, there is no base on the appliances cabinet as the bottom row of appliances just sit on the counter, and then they are hidden when the doors close. How would I achieve something like this?

Thanks in advance

bret

Add cabinets to your user library. I keep them by maker and try to have as much set to use "dynamic defaults" as possible. 5a0d74981f8fd_screen010.thumb.png.49e54ad7ed82447bc581e9244cb0fa7c.png

To that end I only use cabinets from the main "build" menu when creating variations.5a0d74a170f17_screen009.thumb.png.708b35e1de80485e098b75dc3f521896.png

For the cabinet use a framed cabinet and delete the bottom separation. If you need it to be frameless just make the default separations 3/4"5a0d74b3bd076_screen008.thumb.png.967edafc68f1622ae2bfdef49cd20b07.png5a0d74b78cc41_screen007.thumb.png.df9b5d157703e65848a285490c3f1003.png

This is all using X9 Premier. Be a good idea to add version of software and some computer information to your signature.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bretkennedy74 said:

thank you, that has helped me a lot. 

Welcome. One thing I failed to mention.

I design everything with those cabinets from the Build menu. Once I have sizes use "replace from library" to place the saved cabinets from the user library. I save most all of them at 15" wide. They will be that size when you use it to replace. So replace one at a time and drag to fit the space you had. This avoids the program telling you the cabinet won't fit.

The other thing is I move the folder to the top of the user catalog by preceding the name with spaces, dashes and or underscores. Changing as the need arises.

For many projects I will also make a folder for that project- again keeping it at or near the top. I then copy any relevant items likely needed to that folder-cabinets, door symbols, millwork, appliances, materials- everything. That way anytime I'm using a DBX to change things it will automatically be going to that folder (so long as that is where I picked the defaults from). I don't EVER use shortcuts in the library because then it will go to the folder where the shortcut points to rather than my job specific folder. When job is completely over , if I made any project specific symbols I move them, then delete the folder.