Home Designer Pro 2018 graphic issues

CA-User

I just upgraded to HDP 2018. The quality is nto very good at all. I have attached images of both 2014 and 2018 without rendering on the same laptop and the 2018 is very grainy. I tried both on a Mac also with the same results.

I have attached the Preferences for both programs. 2018 doesn't seem to have many options.  

Has anyone else bought HDP 2018? Can anyone tell me why the 2018 is so grainy?

HDP 2014 3D on Windows.jpg

HDP 2018 3D on Windows.jpg

HDP 2014 Preferences.JPG

HDP 2018 Preferences.JPG

As Eric pointed out the new version does not do the Final Render immediately by default so people with lower spec'd computers don't get slowed down too much when they 1st open a view, generally it will get better if left open ( smooth when idle) I think is the idea but I have a 980Ti here so it always looks pretty good....make sure hardware edge smoothing is set to High in the Prefences >Reender Panel too. Personally I think Bloom softens alot of views , so I turn it off  and turn ambient occlusion down to like 50% only to avoid darkening in Corners...

I think I've solved this. I upgraded my Mac to 12gb ram and the images are much clearer. Obviously the integrated graphics cards on laptops need a lot of ram in the background to run effectively. I'll bump it up to 16gb and see how it goes. 

I looked around at a lot of laptops and they all seem to use the crappy integrated ones. My son recommended Alienware gaming system, which looks like it has the ram (6-8gb dedicated graphics card) to run something like this well. Bit of an outlay though. 

1 hour ago, CA-User said:

I think I've solved this. I upgraded my Mac to 12gb ram and the images are much clearer. Obviously the integrated graphics cards on laptops need a lot of ram in the background to run effectively. I'll bump it up to 16gb and see how it goes. 

I looked around at a lot of laptops and they all seem to use the crappy integrated ones. My son recommended Alienware gaming system, which looks like it has the ram (6-8gb dedicated graphics card) to run something like this well. Bit of an outlay though. 

something like the Lenovo Legion 720 comes in different configs depending on Budget which maybe fine too and you may get a good deal on one too with Black Friday next week..

Some places like Microsoft also have discounts for Students/parents etc...

eg https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/lenovo-legion-y720-80vr0064us-gaming-laptop/8rqt7jf848b4/7ksw?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

or an alienware...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/alienware-15-r3-aw15r3-gaming-laptop/8mgd90wpkghx/6h4p?activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab