Is there a way to have material region linked material on wall?

dskogg

I am using material regions for battens and wanted to be able to show customer different wall colours by opening wall and Changing material, but then I need to also change material region.

i wanted to link material region with a wall material.

I would encourage you to learn how and when to use a tool rather than abandoning it completely just because it can cause some people problems.  I would personally do as Eric suggested and use the material painter but I imagine I would use it in Floor or Plan mode and depending on what your exterior surface material is, this is one situation where you may actually want to consider using it with "blend" toggled on (something I would typically recommend against).

There are other options though too.  Here's one...

1. Set both your exterior wall finish and your battens to use the same material (you may or may not want to give this material a custom name if you are using it somewhere else in the plan and don't want to change it at those other locations).
  2. When you would like to change the material, click on either the Material Painter or the Plan Materials tool, select your material from the Plan Materials list (can be done quickly by starting to type the name or by first using the material eyedropper to select the material AND THEN clicking on the Material Painter tool), click Replace, and then select your new material.  This will completely replace that material everywhere it is being used in the plan including inside the actual wall definition.

At the end of the day you have to figure out what works best for you and for the particular situation though.