Corner Base Cabinet

Cheryl_C_Crane

I downloaded this symbol from 3D Warehouse as it will do OK for my immediate need. But it isn't the Masterbrand DAB36S (diagonal base with FH door and lazy susan) that I need.

I futzed around with CA X9 cabinet dialog box and just couldn't produce this shaped corner cabinet. It would be great to do this all in CA as then it would be subject to door styles, hardware and material defaults.

All guidance will be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance, ~Cheryl

Desired shape w ability to change door, drawer, materials to defaults in CA.PNG

How to make this cor cab with existing CA tools.PNG

If you only need a diagonal corner sink base any appropriately sized cabinet can be turned into one-i.e a 36 x 24, then select corner, check diagonal.

IF OTOH you want to have that notch at the back as IRL it has to be made from 3 cabinets and the center one needs an increased depth. You can block it and save it.

For corner sink bases I used recessed ones for the extra clearance- similar problems.

In all cases you will want to adjust the reveals.

screen.png

screen 002.png

screen 003.png

Mark, Thanks for offering how to make a similar cab.

I should have posted a pic from the spec book.

After sleeping on it, I think that the only way to get this is with poly solids and a CAD 2D showing the super susan. 

Also, I've noticed that the open drawers and door options are not available with cab.s not made from actual CA X9 cabinet components.

DAB36S.PNG

1 hour ago, Cheryl_C_Crane said:

After sleeping on it, I think that the only way to get this is with poly solids and a CAD 2D showing the super susan. 

You can get a corner cabinet to indicate susans in plan view using the DBX- but they won't be accurate to how it is build.

If what you need is to show susans in 3D with door open then here is one choice.

Can't use this as a cabinet with an exposed side (should be obvious) 

The trick I normally use to fix sides inserting into back doesn't work with the susan in the right side. It would work with it in the left but I was not about to find the correct origins and angle after getting it on the right.

Sides will not read correctly in schedule- so just if you need a 3D- susans are 28" D per your spec.

screen 004.png

Diagonal corner with susan.plan

Did the job with 2020 and had some time to play with CA X9 ( because I wasted -0- time in 2020 trying to get a decent rendering).

Here is a plan and a symbol that works OK. I am not delighted that CA adds a CT when you make a Cab symbol - but it can be removed once placed in a plan.

The 'plan' has a 1.5" cabinet face in front of the CAD work. This way you can open and close the door, change the swing, and change the Door Style and Materials to your needs. 

If you get into a jam, I hope that you remember to use this. We still need a way to modify cab sides and backs.

DAB36S R.plan