structure detailed drawings

zizo999

hello everyone,

i am new person here and new to this software, iam a draftsman who draw architecture, civil, elect., and hvac execution drawings and i use revit but i accidentally found this software on internet and im very interested how fast and easy to use. 

but my question is: can this software used to draw structural detailing for reinforce concrete  and footings with rebars and steel ? 

It always helps to attach pdf file with an example of what are you talking about...

You can draw 2D details in CA, see <here>, you can import them from already existing DWG, you can export from revit and import CA, you can use existing details from the library, store all common details into separate plan file and attach it every layout... 

33 minutes ago, zizo999 said:

i mean guys something like this 

fig-b-8.gif

structure drawings and structural details of beams and columns 

You can draw this in 2D with Chief - but a fair warning Chief isn't a very good 2D drafting app...in fact, i'd say a weak spot for Chief is 2D drafting.  3D is sort of its thing in which you get 2D semi-automatically created.  For a structural engineer I don't think Chief would be ideal if you are taking other people's projects and having to draw 2D details for them.

If you are designing structures/homes from scratch and doing your own 2D details from your model that is a different matter and Chief is ok from that standpoint.

I find Chief's 2D tools to be more than adequate for my needs and I draw a lot of prescriptive and engineered structural details with it.

It is not near as powerful as AutoCAD or even TurboCAD but I don't need all that other horsepower from the other apps.

Andy.

17 hours ago, zizo999 said:

i mean guys something like this 

fig-b-8.gif

structure drawings and structural details of beams and columns 

I draw my own details all the time, even details like that. I generally take one I already have and edit it for the specific situation. Any cad detail can be drawn. One of the engineers I mainly use doesn't draw anything...only marks-up so I draw everything. Often he'll send me a dwg he has for a specific situation for me to use which is great.