Wall Framing New vs. Existing

LouFabb

Hi,

I could use help on this problem I'm having regarding the blend of a plan with existing home and a new addition. I'm generating my wall framing manually and have no need of wall framing in the existing house, I only want to show new work wall framing. When I generate wall framing I get both existing and new. Does anyone have a solution to eliminate from framing existing work? Thanks.

I do a lot of remodeling and have created about 30 different walls for all the different conditions you could run into. These walls are in my template plan so I don't have to create new walls for every job. Sometimes I also have to create more, it depends on the project. Create a new and existing wall for every type of wall you might use. One trick is to use the same exterior surface for the new and existing walls so you won't create a line in vector views, where the two different walls meet. I know that will not be good for the material list but looks better on the plan. New stucco and existing stucco just didn't work for me. I just don't want that pesky line.