Stuck on the roof

ladycoralie

Hi Guys. Well I'm stuck on building this roof. I've tried and tried with it but now my brain is completely numb. I want to try and have some Gables because I love Gables. I don't want a hip roof. I prefer the Mountain style roof line. I am trying to make a gable roof over the great room and also over the garage. For the entry I thought of a shed type roof with windows along one wall to let in light. I just don't know what to do with the rest of the top floor where the balcony is and I'm having trouble with the back porch too. I know I haven't put in stairs yet. I'm still figuring out where I want them to go. I'll post some pics of the look I'm trying to achieve, but I am stuck now and nothing I do works. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

The Endeavour.plan

16-Magnificent-Rustic-Home-Exterior-Designs-You-Will-Immediately-Fall-In-Love-With-3-630x437.jpg

16-Magnificent-Rustic-Home-Exterior-Designs-You-Will-Immediately-Fall-In-Love-With-11-630x473.jpg

16-Magnificent-Rustic-Home-Exterior-Designs-You-Will-Immediately-Fall-In-Love-With-13-630x339.jpg

23da51a9bedf5b473f679788f4e634b9.jpg

Great Room.jpg

master.jpg

I did not look at your plan but I wanted to comment on something you said.  You should figure out ALL floor plan issues including the stair before you do the roof.  If the the floor plan changes, the work on the roof becomes a waste of time.

Hi Guys. Thanks for the input. You know? I decided my brain was too fried so I took a break, had some breakfast and a shower and I felt like a new person. I opened up my plan before I got your replies and decided I needed to fix the things you both said and rework it. Thanks for your suggestions. I know I'm on the right track now.

Cheers and thanks

Coralie