Simple question (I think)

MarkSM

When I turn on my roof planes, I can only see the first floor roof planes. When I go to the second floor, I can only see the 2nd floor roof planes. What am I missing to be able to see it all at the same time?

2 minutes ago, solver said:

Say I'm editing roof planes in plan view and want to join one that is displaying on the 2nd floor, to one that is displaying on the first.

I can use a Reference Set to enable this without changing where a roof plane displays?

Maybe not, but that's about the only time I might use it.  This is actually something that I do in a 3D perspective view.

That worked Eric. Thank you. I honestly have no idea what "roof reference layer sets" are. Im sure if/when I learn what they are, it will be life changing. Since I stared using CA a few months ago, I learn some life changing tip almost daily.

Let me ask this of Eric and Joe - do you guys keep your roof planes on the actual level you're working and just using layerset/annosets to control the plan type or do you move them to the attic level?

For me, i personally like to move them to the attic level - or the next level up if there is a lower floor area covered by roof only.  I do this since i like seeing the attic walls in conjunction with the roof planes.