Hidden And/or Blended Doors

No1ZZTopfan

Was wondering if any tried to create (or has created) a hidden door(s). Example, you want to conceal the door that leads to another room, hall or a hidden staircase, etc. I've tried to create one myself by using the same materials as the surrending walls but the patterns don't match. Also, if the room has a base trim, is there a way to incorprate that onto the door?

I have attached what I have so far.

Thanks for any help.

post-823-0-35489900-1405869471_thumb.jpg

Yes, one way is to make the door a slab type and use hidden hinges and make the door the same material as the walls and remove all hardware. You can use a molding p-line as the base on the door and call it a push open door. also set the jamb to 0"

• Upvote 1

It's quick and easy to create a custom door type out of polyline solid (door slab) and two molding polylines (for the base). Use global symbol mapping for the wall/door material, and things will line up properly. The trick that I haven't figured out is how to flush the door with the wall.

post-95-0-63518600-1406557456_thumb.png

post-95-0-64124300-1406557465_thumb.png

It's quick and easy to create a custom door type out of polyline solid (door slab) and two molding polylines (for the base). Use global symbol mapping for the wall/door material, and things will line up properly. The trick that I haven't figured out is how to flush the door with the wall.

What I did with mine (see comment #6) was change to door to slab with hidden hinges. No knob/door locks, nothing. Suppressed the interior casing increased the door thickness to 4" (which matches the thickness of the interior wall). Created two polyline solids (1/2" thick) and matched them to the size of the entire door, used the same wall pattern for the material, and placed them over both sides of the door, initially, covering the door itself. As for the base trim. Created a soffit, sized it down to 1/8" thick and added the same molding as the rooms. After several adjustments, grouped all shapes into one element, rotated to desired angle, opened the door and set its open angle to match, more adjustments and there you have it.