Strapped Hood

Designer1

Does anyone know if chiefs libraries has a strapped hood?  I have been seeing in brand new homes this new cooktop hood that is very elegant but Im not sure what brand it is nor have I found an image online.  Its just a nice slopped hood and it has metal straps that go from top to bottom.  They usually feature two different types of metals...a brushed or stainless steel for the hood and a nice chrome for the straps.  Ive also seen this with bronze done a honed bronze and then a polished bronze strap...very unique. I looked in chiefs libraries but dont see anything like it.  Does anyone have a symbol theyve found thats similar?

Thanks,

Chad

Sorry for the delayed response.  Yes, I would have loved to have my phone with me when I saw the hood.  No I didnt have a photo of it to include but thanks to everyone who posted pictures.  Although not exactly like it very similar.  The two that looks most similar is from the list that eric posted with the google link.  It didnt have as much of an industrial look with the rivets but at this point any of these from Erics link would look better then what I can find in chief.  Heres the link to the two I saw from Erics post that resemble it closest.

https://goo.gl/images/HPqjRH

https://goo.gl/images/vwmsER

Thanks!

Chad

Mark thats fantastic!  Did you do that all in Chief?  thats great.  thanks so much for offering that to all us chiefers...gives a variety to our libraries and solves the strapped hood search! 

I really like the textures you used also... were those custom or chief library items?  Great contrasting materials like I had described above!

On November 8, 2017 at 7:12 PM, Designer1 said:

Mark thats fantastic!  Did you do that all in Chief?  thats great.  thanks so much for offering that to all us chiefers...gives a variety to our libraries and solves the strapped hood search! 

I really like the textures you used also... were those custom or chief library items?  Great contrasting materials like I had described above!

Just saw this. Yes done in chief as I described in post. Texture is in my library as "ss bump". Got it on the forum some time ago (don't remember who to thank)

Did the texture come through with the symbol library  or just in the image?  

9 hours ago, Designer1 said:

You need to have a second job as content developer at Chief! ;)

The commute would be a bit rough but seriously this is pretty simple anyone can do it pretty quickly. 

-New plan with 4 walls and no room molding. 

-Place hood of your choice from the (new) Stanisci catalog 

-Take a back clipped section through the side of hood. Draw an arc, adjust to match hood. Convert arc to 3d molding line. 

Add molding and adjust size. 

- then in elevation from front move the "strap" to position. Transform replicate "copy" to add a second strap; adjust position. Repeat as needed. 

- in plan add molding line. Wrap front of hood. Add another for top of hood.

- finally 3d perspective, turn off any layers not needed. In this case would only have fixtures interior and moldings (which is why the room molding was removed) . Convert to symbol, advanced options. 

May sound complicated but if I were at the computer it would be finished in the time it took to write this on the phone. 

Stretch a little, use the tools already available and "yippee, I did it" :)

2 hours ago, Dennis_Gavin said:

Mark - Thanks for the symbol. Now, whre the heck is it? imported the symbol but cannot find it. Searched using stanisci and came up with the other hoods but not the strap one.  Where did it go??? 

Search for Hood with straps. Stanisci is the catalog that had the symbol I started with, new in the last month.

Thanks for the detailed instructions Mark and thanks again for all the time it took you to develop the hood with nice details and textures!

Dennis when it was imported into my library it was under user library named "Hood w Straps".  Did you find it?

8 minutes ago, Dennis_Gavin said:

OK got it. Thanks!

I am still confused though as the symbol name in the download starts with Stanisci so I thought that that was the beginning of the symbol name.  

I have made a lot of symbols and the name was always the same.  Am I missing something as to how it is different?

When I went to export it as a single item it's automatically "untitled ". So my bad for not naming the file to match. 

Of course having an organized user library makes finding new adds easier. Mine is overdue for a clean up that I'm not looking forward to, have a couple of misc folders made to keep the bottom clear. Maybe Santa will send some elves.