Corner window, corner doorway?

Designer1

In Chief X9 we can do corner windows without a corner post....can we do this with a doorway?   In california Ive seen the disappearing walls (which Id also like to see chief add to their tool set, both folding and sliding doors as long as entire walls) that meet at the corner and have no corner post.  I cant seem to bump two doorways together to get the corner post to disappear which Im guessing means this cant be done.  Any ideas?

Ok, the closet thing I can come to what Im looking for is take a window and basically set everything to 0.  In 2d it still shows as a window (I dont know how or if I can change that either) but overall it appears to be what I was looking for.  Still open to other ideas that other chiefers use.

Thanks!

Matty, thanks so much for posting this picture... this is EXACTLY what I was talking about!  Yes I think chief needed this feature two versions ago... I see both the pocket folding doors that disappear into the walls and also the stacking doors in nearly every new home I tour.

Also is there a way to flag this post so that chief developers can read this to see what were talking about with needed features?  Im not sure there is a chieftalk feature that brings this topic to their attention.

18 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Matty, thanks so much for posting this picture... this is EXACTLY what I was talking about!  Yes I think chief needed this feature two versions ago... I see both the pocket folding doors that disappear into the walls and also the stacking doors in nearly every new home I tour.

Also is there a way to flag this post so that chief developers can read this to see what were talking about with needed features?  Im not sure there is a chieftalk feature that brings this topic to their attention.

That's what the Suggestions Forum is For....

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/forum/8-suggestions/

6 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Thanks Tommy for the reply.  I think this is similar to what I did with the two windows pushed together at the corners but made them reach the floor. I just cant figure out how to change the 2d apearance of the windows?

If you did what I did then you basically suppressed and zeroed out everything. This means you need to do all trim, window sills, etc. manually. If you do the trim and sills using slabs or solids, then you'll see them in plan view (2d view). Molding poly lines won't really look right in plan view.

I also was able to create a true corner window using X6. I am sure the concept can be applied to doors. Convert the window symbol attached to the linked post.  You need to look at the offset of orrigion by opening the window symbol spec and copying it on your newly created door will do the trick. I think the use of stretch planes can make this stuff more handy. Just try it, it must work. If that doesn't work, let me know and I will see any time I can get time to tweek it. But I agree with any improvements suggested above.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/5036-corner-window-library/?do=findComment&comment=43518