Attic Walls

mrscott

Is there a way to STOP ATTIC walls from Auto generating and is there a way to delete an ATTIC wall once it has generated?  I'm mucking around in X9 with some ideas. I have a manual roof in place over a deck I renamed to a balcony and am getting several unwanted results I cannot correct.

• Example:
  • Attic Walls I cannot delete (even tried changing the wall type and settings and layer and nothing works.
  • Ext end Wall on the balcony were Handrail starts that is unfinished. I tried creating this space in a new blank plan and it works great but not in one I already started so how does one go about finding the culprit of this garbage?
  • Unfinished Interior wall ends where room dividers are placed so I can label the space (i.e. Kitchen, Dining and Living rooms of an open floor plan)

Thanks, 

Signed, Frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!(*&)(*&#_R*@YU#+_* )H F+@)*HF_@(#UFJ

Attic walls are what they are: automatically generated by the software. They cannot be deleted unless as Eric pointed out you stop the automaticity of the software's pre-programming. If you do this, you WILL be sorry. Automatic generated attic walls fill in gable rake ends and interior vaults (they are also sometimes a pain but mostly save you TIME. Why would you want to manually draw interior and exterior rake walls? Why? I learned how to work with them and it saves me a lot of time doing so. That is the way Chief Inc. programmed them to work and they do work quite well. once you think about it.

DJP

Note:

There are many "Loose Ends" that will be cleanup so please don't beat me up too hard on comments. What is most challenging, depend on the plan, is what and when to draw it. I often shift gears in a plan as ideas present themselves but obviously some of my procedures are the very thing that create my issues. I'm sorry, but I don't draw like the chief demos. Sometime I layout a rough draft and create the roof to see how it will work with the structure. I may adjust a few thing so the desired roof/elevation will work. 

11 minutes ago, solver said:

I made a new wall type with siding on both sides, but that should not matter.

Change the railing to No Room Definition and use a Room Divider to complete the room.

ct1.thumb.jpg.523f27bfa173517b4ff61cd9fba09902.jpg

Did not see any of these.

Eric,

I tried the two sided wall before posting my issues but it was the railing No room Def and then adding the room divider I would not have thought of. The Interior End Wall issues are in another iteration of the plan. I'll try your suggestion on those as well. Thanks again for the constructive and substantive help. you get a Check Mark from me for this one.

Glenn,

What was odd is I had a complete room. I then selected an exterior wall and started drawing it at the corner over the railing where it met the house and out a few feet. This typically replaces the existing wall with the new wall. when this was done the room still existed by with a blank end cap. That is the kind of result that is frustrating. It was not until I sued Eric's suggestion that I achieved the desired results.

if I am designing a complicated roof/house design I find turning off auto-attic walls very helpful.  Until you have all your rooflines in position,  Chief auto creates walls sometimes that are just in the way, and can often lead to some strange connections and fragment wall areas that can cause problems.

On more simple homes auto attic wall is wonderful.

• Upvote 3