jlcDesign

You guys, I'm dying here.  I'm doing a full renovation of a split level, but can't wrap my head around how to affect part of a lower wall while not doing it to the upper and vice versa.  For example, I need the wall below the upper to be solid and then railing at the upper, but Chief sees it as one wall and puts the railing all the way down.  I'm attaching the glasshouse of the space (just solid wall now) and a photo of what I want to do.  Any help will be super appreciated!!!

20171020_132531.jpg

20171020_132526.jpg

11-3-2017 8-31-01 PM.jpg

Okay... slight problem.  So I make the lower wall a pony wall and specify the height, but rather than lift the rail higher than the level, it puts concrete above it... yes, above it.  Showing the dbx and the lower and middle levels.  Any ideas?

11-4-2017 3-58-12 PM.jpg

11-4-2017 3-58-43 PM.jpg

11-4-2017 3-59-05 PM.jpg

Okay, Eric (or anyone).  First off, a million thanks.  I started from scratch and copy/pasted the walls to a new plan so I could redefine what I wanted.  Everything works now... sort of.  There are some Bizarre things happening, and I've exhausted my resources in figuring them out.  14 years using Chief and I'd think I could figure anything out, but this is just nutso.  I'm posting the .zip again (new file this time) and specific camera views that explain what's going on.  I hope someone has the answers.  Thanks in advance.

11-10-2017 9-18-14 PM.jpg

11-10-2017 9-26-19 PM.jpg

Hoang split level.zip

I think I understood your fix with the ceiling planes.  Kind of disguising it, right?  If so, I did a similar thing with the brick wall showing through and created a 1/4" thick poyline in elevation view to cover that whole wall section.  You are an amazing dude to help me, Eric.  Do you just monitor these boards to see what you can help with?  I'd like to help people as well, as I know a ton of tricks myself.  Do you get alerts or something?  Thanks again!