Lumion 8 rendering teaser video

Charles

To me, Jintu is one of the most valuable assets in this chatroom.

He keeps us aware of not just rendering techniques and procedures in chief, but also other programs that enhance Chiefs capabilities

Don't understand why some people cant just stay out of his posts; sure seems like a form of hi-jacking.

I, for one, love the fact that he is always trying to improve his services and freely shares with others..

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, mrscott said:

Sure can but the secondary, and or more importantly is, what will you do to the model prior to exporting it to a Collada file? If you would elaborate on this here, I will attempt to emulate your process and test it in Lumion 6.

One of the things Graham does for us with Ray Tracing, is explains his settings so we can achieve the results he does in his postings. This is really what this forum is all about so, it you would similar, we could all benefit.

Thank you,

Graham may share a few things, but he is a bit of a poison in this chatroom and only seems to be looking to annoy and upstage Jintu 

How childish ...

11 minutes ago, basketballman said:

To me, Jintu is one of the most valuable assets in this chatroom.

He keeps us aware of not just rendering techniques and procedures in chief, but also other programs that enhance Chiefs capabilities

Don't understand why some people cant just stay out of his posts; sure seems like a form of hi-jacking.

I, for one, love the fact that he is always trying to improve his services and freely shares with others..

Mega Dittos to that statement!!!

18 minutes ago, basketballman said:

Graham may share a few things, but he is a bit of a poison in this chatroom and only seems to be looking to annoy and upstage Jintu 

How childish ...

Hum! To you’re point we are getting off topic so Skype or PM me and I give you more BG.

2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Just Zip it and we are good to go.

Jintu,

Attached is my Collada file. Below is video, If anyone is interested, on the plan and the structure of my workflow plus a few issues I have with Chief (or may the way I use it).

BTW, from a Navigation standpoint, I have my camera settings to Smooth edges on Idle while working but when moving around I notice the jagged edges of the crown molding are very evident. Of course when I stop the camera everything looks awesome. My point is this, when I navigate around the same model in Lumion the trim always look funky even when idle. I did try changing/adjusting the material, etc in Lumion for the trim but nothing I did yielded satisfactory results so, needless to say, I am very anxious and excited to see what you can do with it and share how you will get my model looking like a photo. 

For those who want to shoot down the fact some of use want to use programs like Lumion to ENHANCE what the AWESOME CHIEF program can already do, I want to create animated videos of my projects. For me, Lumion is the obvious choice. Working with Professionals like Jintu to create the settings for a Still photo will easily translate to creating a video and the render time is well, a non-issue.

Thanks again J!

SIDG PC_Gram 1_Ext.zip

9 hours ago, Rich_Winsor said:

I've been repeating this until I'm blue in the face

(well actually green in the face). All this aftermarket

stuff is great but not germane to a Chief software

forum. What is germane is anything that leads to

improved results with Chief software. I don't think

you can argue the point that starting with the best

possible image from Chief will yield the best results

when taking it to post production software. If I were

a moderator I would remove all these non Chief

type of posts. If you want to see how Chief would

import to a post production software I would suggest

that you log into one of their forums and ask what

is the best way to import a Chief file. 

You mean on the off chance someone in the Lumion forum might use Chief??...  Perhaps, but seems like an unlikely possibility.

Chief has developed more than just a forum...a community of people willing to help each-other from issues related to Chief, code issues, design issues, or in this case 3rd party rendering.  You've been a very helpful contributor as well.

Chief's decision to allow their forums to be used this way is a real strength IMO and they should be complimented for developing this type of atmosphere.  In the end its them that decides how their forums should be used and i've not seen them object thus far to talking about post-production Chief work using 3rd party apps in conjunction.  Chief is a major component to getting this work done so I personally see tons of relevance.

• Upvote 1

life is way to short to worry about topics of a forum ..for myself I enjoy the learning curve that all topics cover, I look at it as a possible opportunity to better ones product,  just like the video mrscott did was worth watching   ..ditto..                if you don't like it... don't read it.. now life is easy  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2017 at 2:07 PM, mrscott said:

Guys, what sort of money are we talking for Lumion 8 and or Unreal? I tried the Lumion 6 demo when it first came out for a commercial project I did in Chief X6. Also, would one of you guys be willing to do a short video on Lumion 8 and Unreal showing how you use it with a Chief Model for a basic Home on a lot with landscaping? 

Many Thanks.

Yes, that is a great idea!   I’ve looked at Lumion 8, pricey & I am a Mac user and it only works on PC. :(  so makes the initial investment that much more!  Can anyone comment on exactly how time consuming it is to render in this fashion??  It takes forever for me to do a photo realistic render in Chief on my suped up iMac 5k.  Seems like everything is slower for some reason when I watch others moving around in their models.  Would love some input on that too!  

Jintu,

Do you use Lumion 8 or Lumion 8 Pro?  I have seen the comparison list between versions.  For strictly CA models (mainly exteriors) is the Pro version necessary or just a good thing to have over the regular version?

Thanks for your time.  In regards to other conflicts further up this thread my opinion is if you don't want to read it........why are you reading it?

19 hours ago, Jay_on_Cape said:

Jintu,

Do you use Lumion 8 or Lumion 8 Pro?  I have seen the comparison list between versions.  For strictly CA models (mainly exteriors) is the Pro version necessary or just a good thing to have over the regular version?

Thanks for your time.  In regards to other conflicts further up this thread my opinion is if you don't want to read it........why are you reading it?

I'm using the Lumion 8 Pro version.

The standard Lumion is as if you are still using version 3 or 4. and if you are used to using Thea or Vray you will be dissatisfied.

Anyway, choosing your version depends upon your market. Are you a professional renderer? If so, Pick the Pro.

Hello Nintu,

No I'm not a renderer.  I produce construction documents with CA.  I've been using it for almost 21 years.  I just started doing more exterior renders for 1 builder I draw for that has about 8-9 plans they build over and over.  I don't even use the ray trace function as it takes too long on my computer.

21 hours ago, Jay_on_Cape said:

Hello Nintu,

No I'm not a renderer.  I produce construction documents with CA.  I've been using it for almost 21 years.  I just started doing more exterior renders for 1 builder I draw for that has about 8-9 plans they build over and over.  I don't even use the ray trace function as it takes too long on my computer.

Hi J,

Did you see the teaser for X10? There is a new rendering technique called Physically-Based Rendering Technique but I like to call it PB Real-Time, Rendering time is less than a second, so much like the Standard Tendering Technique but with a Lumion-like quality...

You need to upgrade,,, or renew your SSA to be able to beta test X10.

53 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Hi J,

Did you see the teaser for X10? There is a new rendering technique called Physically-Based Rendering Technique but I like to call it PB Real-Time, Rendering time is less than a second, so much like the Standard Tendering Technique but with a Lumion-like quality...

You need to upgrade,,, or renew your SSA to be able to beta test X10.

Sounds good!!  I'll hold off until X10 comes out.

16 minutes ago, mrscott said:

Jay,

I think your ssa has to be current for the license to X10 is available in your account. Otherwise, you pay a higher price for X10.

Yes, it is current.  I meant I'll hold off on Lumion for the time being.  I usually don't start using a new release until at least a few months to even another version after it is released.

2 hours ago, Jay_on_Cape said:

Yes, it is current.  I meant I'll hold off on Lumion for the time being.  I usually don't start using a new release until at least a few months to even another version after it is released.

Sorry,

I was seeing X10 when the new release of Lumion is 8. I love Chief and the PBR is great but not yet where Lumion has been and is now even better. Chief is making great strides but until it is as easy to use as Lumion I’ll build on Chief and finish in Lumion. It’s too easy to place materials, lighting and well control the whole environment in Lumion I made could no longer hold out waiting for an All-in-one package from chief. Yes, it’s $3400 but what you can do with a great Chief Collada model is frankly, Amazing!!!!! From furniture, textiles, materials to a 3D person walking a dog, even a piece of pie on the dinner table. It truly is a whole new world that will sell that model you worked so hard to get right.

if you have not tried the Trial don’t! Unless you intend to purchase it. Once you experience Lumion 8 you’ll be hooked!

• 3 weeks later...

What happened to this post?

Hi mrscott, 
SMCDesign has posted a comment on a topic, Lumion 8 rendering teaser video 

SMCDesign said:
On 12/5/2017 at 9:04 PM, mrscott said:

if you have not tried the Trial don’t! Unless you intend to purchase it. Once you experience Lumion 8 you’ll be hooked!

I wish I had read your warning before I tried the trial!  Now I have to buy it.

Here's a link to a video generated from the demo version.

Go to this post

— ChiefTalk Forum

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2017 at 9:22 AM, TheKitchenAbode said:

"In the sample scenes below, I used Daytime Style for both Exterior and Interior. What you see in the Teaser is really what you'll get."

I'm not question your integrity or Lumion's.  I have repeatedly and always stated that this program can deliver exception results, way beyond the capabilities of Ray Trace.

I only choose that one because it was focused on more than the others. I did not state that the rendering was bad, just attempting to get a handle on what it really takes to get those spectacular results. Your demonstration of those new features is valid, but those one-clickers did not produce a truly photo realistic rendering.

Please try not to interpret my questioning as an attempt to undermine your efforts or qualifications, that is not my intention at all; and try not taking such a strong defensive position and I'm certain you would find the conversation to be far more fruitful and beneficial to all.

Graham,

I recently purchased Lumion 8 Pro and can Attest to the authenticity of Lumion 8's sample styles ARE "WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET!"!!!!!!  Open, Load, and push the button. UTTERLY AMAZING!!!!!  So, with all due respect.....Jintu is true to His word and one of the few I know of Real Integrity, like yourself, willing to help those like me with less knowledge but a work of interest and desire.

Thank you all! 

44 minutes ago, mrscott said:

Graham,

I recently purchased Lumion 8 Pro and can Attest to the authenticity of Lumion 8's sample styles ARE "WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET!"!!!!!!  Open, Load, and push the button. UTTERLY AMAZING!!!!!  So, with all due respect.....Jintu is true to His word and one of the few I know of Real Integrity, like yourself, willing to help those like me with less knowledge but a work of interest and desire.

Thank you all! 

Hi Scott,

Happy New Year! Sounds as if you are having a lot of fun with Lumion 8, looking forward to seeing some of your results.