Solid Stairs

builtright3

I would like to build some solid concrete stairs with a landing from a deck down to the pool area. I can think of ways to do it and have before but I would like some direction and other suggestions for a more simple way to build it. My way is very time consuming.

Please help if you can

Thank You

20 minutes ago, solver said:

I use standard stairs with the materials changed.

ct1.thumb.jpg.c27a8a99561d4047f656fbca78e2bba8.jpg

Draw a p-solid in elevation. Place breaks and drag segments as needed. Just like shaping a slab or polyline in plan view.

+1  this is what I do too ...ie change all materials to concrete...

4 minutes ago, johnny said:

I would probably use the stair tool too - but in Grahams defense on his suggestion he may have thought you wanted to build the stairs to "real world" specs.  In that case you could get an exact profile with the poly-solid tool.

30ab39c37143247984472ba7c25c66fb.jpg

Thanks Johnny, nice example. The polyline portion of the step profile could be extruded to provide the 3d model. As in your sample, it's would be easy to incorporate features such as the slight angle on the riser, a tread nosing profile or the radius on the front of the tread. If one did not want to manually calculate, you could use the basic stair building tool first and then extract the numbers from it to build your polyline model.