Stair bull nosing

mtldesigns

Anyone have an idea on how to place a bull nose on each tread?  Besides manually using a poly x 16?  

My builder is having major issues with inexperience framers and finishers, so in essence, if I don't show a nosing, they will not know to put it on.  

STAIR NOSE DETAIL.PNG

15 hours ago, mtldesigns said:

My builder is having major issues with inexperience framers and finishers, so in essence, if I don't show a nosing, they will not know to put it on.  

Actually this is an important detail to the framers since it explains how they must build the tread.  If they placed any overhang to the tread in rough framing then later add this 1-1/4" bull-nosed  the stair wouldn't be code compliant. In fact, they will need to give special consideration to making sure that edge is flush flush and not kinda flush.

Also, if you are covering the riser face that could change the framing depth (run).

retro_with_34_riser_small.png

2 minutes ago, johnny said:

Actually this is an important detail to the framers since it explains how they must build the tread.  If they placed any overhang to the tread in rough framing then later add this 1-1/4" bull-nosed  the stair wouldn't be code compliant. In fact, they will need to give special consideration to making sure that edge is flush flush and not kinda flush.

This is becoming more and more important if you do not wish to get involved in a dispute. If you are preparing the drawings then they need to be correct because when something goes wrong the first thing they will say "but that's what the drawing shows", now you're on the hook. 

Two things...  did not see all your gents replies, because it appears I keep getting logged out???  I know this was mentioned before on another discussion.  Guess that wasn't fixed.

And Graham, your 100% right.  This is why my builder wants this shown (in the model and on a detail).  He has already experienced the "that's what the drawing shows" on other items.