How to see "Point To Point Resize"

mrrozhall

Hi Folks,

I am manually drawing a plot plan using the CAD line tools.  I've been told I can easily do this using the point to point resize tool.  The plot is a sample square with very slight angles.  So, I believe the "draw line" would work.  I've had limited success with the input method.  Anyway, after I've drawn my "box", I now want to go back and resize the dimensions to actually match the survey I have.  However, I was told I could use the point to point resize to do this, but I cannot find this option/tool.

Can someone point me in the right direction showing the icon, and how to access it.

I'm using X8.

Thnx always

Roz

Point to point will only be useful orienting individual lines.  You can use the box method by going around and editing in one direction but I am not sure you have a true box for your survey.  Did you try importing Richard's DWG file or I saved my corrected X8 file if you would like it I can post for you.  Personally I enter one line and then connect to the end of it for the next line.  It is helpful to display your end points when using that method.

Hi Chopsaw.  Good to hear from you.  I was able to get my issue resolved yesterday with your help, along with others.

Today, I'm working on ANOTHER plot plan.   I'm trying to draw the attached lot using the draw line tool.  The input method yesterday was far too difficult.  So since this is a simple square shaped, I watched a training video earlier that used the draw line method after tracing in a lot.  However, it used the 'point to point resize' tool to correctly resize the dimensions.  And so, I'm attempted to do the same.  But I want to practice first with the point to point resize tool, but I can't locate it.

Thx again

Roz

Capture.PNG

No I am not so sure that is a good strategy but sometimes it is helpful to import a copy of the original survey and scale it so you can keep yourself oriented and trace over it and then turn it off when you are done.  You should be able to draw a box for this one and edit your way around but I would likely start at the top left and go clockwise and leave the arc to the end.