ComputerMaster86

I have started watching Scott Hall's YouTube video on floor and ceiling defaults.  I am wondering if I am understanding this correctly...

Any settings not check marked to use defaults take precedence in this order...
1. Room Specification (Currently Selected Room) : Structure Tab
        2. Room Type Defaults : Structure Tab
               3. Current Floor Defaults
                        4. Floor/Ceiling Platform Defaults

Anything under the "Room Specification (Currently Selected Room) : Structure Tab" that is check marked to use the defaults will look for settings in this order....

1. Room Type Defaults : Structure Tab   -  If something is check marked to use the default, next
     2. Current Floor Defaults   -  If something is check marked to use the default, next
          3. Floor/Ceiling Platform Defaults

Likewise, anything under the "Room Type Defaults : Structure Tab" that is check marked to use the defaults will look for settings in this order....

1. Current Floor Defaults   -  If something is check marked to use the default, next
     2. Floor/Ceiling Platform Defaults

Likewise, anything under the "Current Floor Defaults" that is check marked to use the defaults will look for settings in this order....

1. Floor/Ceiling Platform Defaults

Either I am on to something or I have completely the wrong idea.

Unless I am missing something, this seems to be the way things are working for me.  I have been playing around with these floor and ceiling defaults.  Which this means if I have a multi-story building and have a floor and ceiling platform that is common to several floors, I would set that up under the Floor/Ceiling Platform Defaults.  Any floor or level that has floor and ceiling platform settings that deviates from the Floor/Ceiling Platform Defaults would be configured under the Current Floor Defaults.

You have skipped the framing default which has a bidirectional relationship with current floor defaults.

Floor and ceiling structures are set to a value other than the global defaults and it appears on current floor defaults.

But the floor and ceiling finish are on current floor default which you can similarly over ride by room defaults as you have explained..

Therefore, while your sequential elaborateion works, it must put framing defaults as an option(specially all in one for ceiling and floor structures) at level 3.

My 2cents.