PRINTOUT FOR FLOOR PLAN IS BLACK

JECORMIER

Hey all-

I'm doing a check-set for this project and I'm coming into something funky and I don't know how to remedy the situation. All the pages print out just fine except page 6 (main level floor plan). When I preview it's covered in black. Same thing happens to my roof plan that I used the main level floor plan as well so obviously there is a connection to the main floor plan. Funny, the foundation plan is just fine.

Any ideas?

I've included the plan and a screenshot pic from layout.

I'm using x8

Thank you-

JC

RESNICK 10-29.zip

Screenshot (5).png

Justin,   Very interesting situation,  There is something on the Rooms Layer that only shows up in the PDF and I assume makes quite a mess when you print.  I am sure tech support would be quite interested in looking at the file if you wanted to send it in.  I am not sure I have an explanation but you might get away with turning the layer off and manually replacing your room fills with some room polylines.

its a strange one alright , i thought the all on set may show a large lost tree or something but it doesn't , but it showed your Countryside Plan Label and space calcs Label , so I dragged them out to the side thinking maybe its a text issue and the black blob appears to disappear.... at least for me....try it....

good one for Tech Support to see as Chopsaw said...

you also have one disconnected wall...see pic

and in Overview you will see a Truss out in the Trees at the back.... 

RESNICK NO GARAGE 10-29.pdf

Capture12.JPG

Capture11.JPG

9 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Mick,  For some reason I can't get that to work for me.  Are you testing in X8?  The blob is actually Blue.  Did you notice the temp point with the text and did you do anything with it?

Sorry I was Out the rest of the Day...  I am using X9 ...i deleted the temp point...  they annoy me :)  and moved the space calcs etc after that I didn't see the black blob in print preview or printing to PDF   , I did not mess with the "Room Layer" or fills...   there seems to be some weird Nvidia and other video related issues at the moment with fills and labels etc ...I have not updated to the latest X9 update (.8) and I am using Nvidia 388.0 drivers but since they have released 2-3 drivers in the last week or so I think Nvidia is working on something....

M.

Ok thanks Mick,  I also have a ticket in with Nvidia on a different PDF display issue and am using a much older driver for now.  Maybe they have my issue figured out by now but still have not notified me to test for them.  Maybe tech support can make something of it if Justin is good enough to send a copy in to them.

• 6 years later...