Walkthrough layer set

cv2702

Thanks.  After some testing, I also found that the path recorder uses the Camera View Set.  I have different Camera View layer sets, one with furniture, another without furniture.  I wish there was an easy way of specifying the layer set to be used in the Walkthrough Option dialog.

For now you can just keep setting up the Camera View set and then making copies of it an renaming them as you make changes.  I understand there are some changes coming but don't know the details so it never hurts to add another suggestion to that forum and this would be an important one for sure.

Ray,  We are currently a bit limited in Walkthrough Path Recording Defaults which I have been struggling with as I like to set up a path early on in the build and use it to record several stages of the build for the contractor and client.  Unfortunately the defaults we do have are not unique to the walkthrough camera and the settings required are usually quite different than the other cameras that share the defaults.

So we have General Camera Defaults and the Camera View Layerset to work with and can control The rendering Technique,Shadows,Bloom,Reflections,and Ambient Occlusion.  Also Artificial lighting and Interior and Daytime Ambient Light levels.

Not sure it that answered the question or not but you can clarify if needed.

Sure I have found that using Absolute camera Angles is a lot more work but can also give you much more control on a longer walkthrough.  Adjust your speeds relative to the default 3.0 ft/s which is usually about the fastest I go in an open space.  Slower in confined areas and detail views also much slower in corners and turns.  Run a few tests at a low frame rate ( 3-5 ) without shadows and then set your Duration Along Path to control the overall speed.  Once you think it is good run one at 30 FPS and see how it looks.

You can also reduce you Incremental Move Distance and Incremental Rotate Angle in your General Camera Defaults to smooth things out a bit.

Upload to YouTube and post on the forum for unbiased critique.

For me, 3D walkthroughs are useless: they're choppy because of my mouse movements and you can't correct if, for example, you turned left instead of right.  So it's always 'record along path'.

Chopsaw covered all the basics.  I would only add this: when creating your path, use smooth, slow, wide turns, or else your client can get sea sick when viewing.