CA-X9 camera zoom?

Chrisb222

Hi, I'm used to X7 and just started using X9. I am used to the way the 3D "Perspective Full Overview" camera worked in X7, but it's different in X9. The main difference I'm experiencing is that when I want to zoom in or out using the scroll wheel on my mouse, the perspective changes and the camera in plan view actually moves closer or farther away from the object I'm viewing. In X7, the view would remain static and simply get bigger or smaller, the perspective never changed, and the camera location in plan view never changed. 

This is aggravating because when I get the perspective I want, but too much background, and zoom in, the perspective changes.

I've searched everywhere for a setting to change this, searched the forum too, but no luck.

Any ideas to get this working like it did in X7? Thanks...

EDIT: Also, panning the camera in X7 with the grabber hand (Command key on Mac) would just slide the view left or right, no perspective change. Now, it rotates the view and throws off my perspective angle. GRR

EDIT: Even the "Zoom In" and "Zoom Out" buttons change the camera location/perspective. GRRRR

EDIT: Okay, it appears the zoom in and zoom out buttons might work. They're moving the camera, but not changing the perspective.....?

Yes there was some discussion on this at the time and I think what you are looking for is under 3D > Camera View Options > Perspective Crop Mode.  OR hot key (P) as once you have used the new method for a while you might get used to it for most situations.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Yes there was some discussion on this at the time and I think what you are looking for is under 3D > Camera View Options > Perspective Crop Mode.  OR hot key (P) as once you have used the new method for a while you might get used to it for most situations.

Oh my gosh, IT WORKS, thank you so much. I can't tell how much aggravation this has been causing. Yes, I'm sure I'll learn to like the new method eventually, since now I know how to do both.

Thanks again!!

1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

I'm already using the new perspective control in conjunction with the perspective crop tool. Funny, now that I'm getting the hang of it, it's easier than ever before! And has solved some of the issues I used to have with getting the view "just right" in X7. Thanks again. :)