Glowing Edges in Rendering

ShelbyHall

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me with my rendering issue. I am getting glowing edges that I don't know how to fix. I have tried adjusting my lighting and rendering settings but I still get that glowing look. Any suggestions or tips would be really appreciated. 

Thank you!

Bathroom.thumb.jpg.7db1344f15450ad0cc7f0c568fbc7d67.jpgBedroom.thumb.jpg.751e6415349ed5c1f419038de67e45d2.jpg

That's what we call light bleed. It's coming from the direct sun and/or environment light. Check out the postings under the title Let's Ray Trace, light bleed is discussed in detail on page 4 starting at posting #88.

First step is to put a roof on your structure and a foundation with a floor. Other actions are described in the postings I have referenced.

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much Grahm! I have done many renderings for this project and have not had this problem on any of the others. Could you explain how I add the foundation floor. I have never done that before and couldn't find it in other posts.

Thank you!

10 minutes ago, ShelbyHall said:

Thank you so much Grahm! I have done many renderings for this project and have not had this problem on any of the others. Could you explain how I add the foundation floor. I have never done that before and couldn't find it in other posts.

Thank you!

Eric has got it. The only thing I have found is that a slab only does not always do the trick. I usually have some actual foundation with a floor, even a crawl type space should be adequate.

Just now, ShelbyHall said:

One last question.I noticed in previous chats that people recommended adjusting the luminosity. How do I adjust that? 

The luminosity refers to the brightness. You can control this a number of ways.

1. Just reduce the Suns intensity with the slider in the Ray Trace DBX.

2. If the sun is just using the color white you can open up the color DBX and there is a % Luminosity box where you can set it.

3. For the Environment light there is the Intensity slider in the Ray Trace DBX. You can select Use Sky or Use Backdrop Image. IF using a color then open up the color DBX and change the Luminosity %.