Roof group

cv2702

I have a roof over a deck that has a different pitch (4) than other panes (8) on the house.  After some editing on that odd roof, things got screwed up, so I would like CA to rebuild the roof.  I thought of assigning this odd roof to group 1 in the hope I could rebuild this odd roof without affecting the other panes.  But on the roof rebuild dbx, I don't see a way to constrain the rebuild to a particular group.  What am I missing?  If this can't be done, then what is the use of roof groups?

11 hours ago, solver said:

Roof groups tell the software to consider each group as essentially a different structure.

You can copy roof planes, rebuild the roof, then paste them back.

You can also use the circled options.

ct1.thumb.jpg.a1e3f1aa3f67c82480b296cee28cc6b5.jpg

I'm probably misunderstanding  "You can copy roof planes, rebuild the roof, then paste them back".  I want to keep the pitch on a particular roof set and have CA auto-rebuild roofs

1 hour ago, DRAWZILLA said:

If you need a different roof pitch you can find that setting in the wall DBX/ roof tab when you need a different pitch than the default., using automatic roofs.

Right!  So I set the pitch to 4 for all walls around this deck roof.  When I force a re-build, CA creates a gable roof that digs in to the house about 3'.  So went back in an defined a High shed roof for those walls; immediately the pitch is greyed out.  When I force a rebuild, CA builds the correct roof, but uses the default pitch of 8", so back to square 1.

15 minutes ago, cv2702 said:

Right!  So I set the pitch to 4 for all walls around this deck roof.  When I force a re-build, CA creates a gable roof that digs in to the house about 3'.  So went back in an defined a High shed roof for those walls; immediately the pitch is greyed out.  When I force a rebuild, CA builds the correct roof, but uses the default pitch of 8", so back to square 1.

I haven't had any roof yet that didn't need some manual fixes after an automatic build--ever

The image 'target' is the one I manually edited.

A quick note on how I got into trouble.

I needed to raise the ceiling of that deck.  Because I didn't have auto-rebuild, I ended up with the roof being somewhat lower than the ceiling, so uneven soffit.  That's why I wanted to revert to auto-rebuild so CA would adjust the roof for me.

I see in your image that the pitches are different for the main roof and the for the poch one. Yours is a shed roof: how does it turn out if you try a hip?