Wall molding is running into my vanity

sweetmelissa

Perhaps I did it wrong, but this cabinet has the look I want on the sides as far as extending all the way to the floor while maintaining a toe kick. However, as you can see in the picture, the wall base molding is going through the sides of the cabinet and ends at the depth of the toe kick... which is not what I want.  Do I need to do something to the cabinet settings or the room molding? Also, for some reason, I can't move the handle on the door.  I change the the dimensions for it's location but it doesn't move. Any suggestions? Thank you! 

vanity.PNG

as you can see in the picture, the wall base molding is going through the sides of the cabinet and ends at the depth of the toe kick...

I'm confused.  Looking at the picture, and in all of my tests, it looks like the room base molding stops at the face of the cabinet the way I would expect it to when you have closed toe selected.  When it's not a closed toe kick, it goes back to the toe kick as it should.

Regardless, if you ever have a case where the automatic room molding does not start or stop where you want it to, you can convert it into a molding polyline like Eric suggested.  This will allow you to control it much better.

Also, for some reason, I can't move the handle on the door.  I change the dimensions for it's location but it doesn't move. Any suggestions?

There is more then one way to change the door handle position.  If you want to change it for all doors on the cabinet, you would change it on the Door/Drawer tab of the cabinet specification dialog.  If you want to change it for just one door, you need to select the door and then on the Front/Side/Back tab, you can select the Specify button for the Appliance/Door/Drawer to modify the settings.

If you have already modified the handle position for an individual door (using the Specify button), changing the position for the whole cabinet (on the Door/Drawer tab) will not affect it.  You would then need to set the individual door back to "use default" (using the Specify button again).

If this does not help solve your problem, then you should probably post your plan or contact tech support.

Yes,  I definitely want to keep the base molding in the room.  After a bit of trial and error, I was able to edit the molding and pull it back. However, it was basically the same look.  After I called my husband (the builder), I was informed that yes, the base molding would kill into the cabinet. I figured it would sit in between the base molding... but no.  so I wasted my time worrying about it.  I'm learning... Thanks for the help!