Help w/Plot

mrrozhall

The CA input method expects you to go around the lot in one direction, either clockwise or counterclockwise

Chris:

understood

my problem was that if I made a mistake I had to start all over again

maybe I didn't but I couldn't figure out how to correct the mistake and keep going

I have seen other survey/plot software where you enter everything into a table and then "resolve" the plot

I prefer that method

Lew

4 minutes ago, lbuttery said:

maybe I didn't but I couldn't figure out how to correct the mistake and keep going

That is my problem as well Lew.  You can CTRL Z and start the entry all over again or edit manually and then replace your marker and start again.  I just never saw the advantage of using it as it is just an extra tool and not a complete solution.

18 minutes ago, lbuttery said:

The CA input method expects you to go around the lot in one direction, either clockwise or counterclockwise

Chris:

understood

I have seen other survey/plot software where you enter everything into a table and then "resolve" the plot

I prefer that method

Lew

9 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

That is my problem as well Lew.  You can CTRL Z and start the entry all over again or edit manually and then replace your marker and start again.  I just never saw the advantage of using it as it is just an extra tool and not a complete solution.

Haha, funny how we see different tools as having different levels of usability. The first time I used the input survey data, I jumped for joy. Yeah, I've had to start over before, but for me it's a great tool.

Interesting discussion, no right or wrong answer. :)