Image Sharing with Clients

CBuserIndia

(This topic is not related to CA, I apologies if this breaks forum rules.)

I need feedback/Guidance from CA users :

We are team of 7 Designers using CA & we start 40-50 small design projects every month & would like to share designs/images with clients & get their feedback/approval / changes.

I am able to search & I do find several collaboration tools, but I want to know from CA community if there is any suggestion.

Thank you for help

I found GOTOMEETING to be very helpful

its free for the client - you start a session - they sign in and you can show them whatever you want

while you drive Chief and other software on your PC

you can even give them control of their keyboard and mouse to let them drive

you can record the session so any changes are documented etc

there are cheaper versions but their names escape me know as I haven't used them in awhile

another method is to create a client presentation layout then print as a PDF and email them the PDF or meet in person (best)

I named my layouts as 123_OAK_LAYPS_171028_1500_LBX9.layout and 123_OAK_LAYCP_171028_1700_LBX9.layout

where PS = permit set  and CP = client presentation

Lew

I've been using Basecamp for 10 yrs or so, primarily for: files, images, threaded messages; occasionally for todo lists, calendar, I don't use the whiteboard.

Web meetings I use Zoom.us. Had a full account for a while but didn't use it enough so now use the free one on one version.

There are so many options out there in this regard that its getting ridiculous.  The one piece of advice I would give is this...

Whatever you choose to use whether it be Dropbox (which is a lot more than just a cloud storage solution now), Zoom, Skype, etc. etc....As much as humanly possible, try to just stick with using ONE of those mediums for your collaboration.  In my experience, one of the single biggest breakdowns in communications that can occur with things like this is when different parties are communicating though different channels and completely missing what has been communicated elsewhere.  In other words, make sure everyone is on board with using the same tool and sharing information/giving feedback in the same place.  It can prove to be an astronomical waste of time and energy if even one person in the chain misses the boat because they were trying to communicate over here when everyone else was having a different conversation over there.

@lbuttery I have never used gotomeeting, I will give a try. Presently, we do send pdf files over email, discuss over phone. Thanks

@MArkMc Thank you Mark, I have used basecamp in past but unfortunately team members didnt keep discipline of maintaining tasks & deadlines. It is very good service, but not using it anymore.

@cv2702 & @MArkMc - I will check zoom.us

@Alaskan_Son that happened to us, we were allowing clients to send requirements on whatapps/emails/pinterest & it became unmanagable.

Do you guys have suggestions for some service/tool where you can send image or pdf & let clients write/comment with arrows or some box right on the design. So if my client has 6 changes on a single page/drawing, they can drag drop box on this pdf/image and comment inside box. This need not be like in webinar or video-confernce, they can reply back when they get chance.

Thanks for all help.

2 hours ago, CBuserIndia said:

Do you guys have suggestions for some service/tool where you can send image or pdf & let clients write/comment with arrows or some box right on the design. So if my client has 6 changes on a single page/drawing, they can drag drop box on this pdf/image and comment inside box. This need not be like in webinar or video-confernce, they can reply back when they get chance.

I've been using Bluebeam PDF Revu (standard) for 7-8 yrs. Included with a license is Bluebeam Studio which does what you are asking AFAIK but I rarely use it-my clients not that sharp. Though I expect with changes to business model a different client base will. BB is up to about $350 a seat discounts after 5 seats. When I bought it was about $150 -still think it's worth it now-the second most used program I have.

I had one client doing Google Docs and I hated it. Found it cumbersome and I want control.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CBuserIndia said:

Almost everyone with a PC has free  Adobe Reader and I have been trying to include as much as I possibly can on my PDF's for that reason.  Photo's, Links, 3D etc..

Clients can scribble or highlight things, add arrows, add text, and apply sticky notes.  This is all fairly basic but I still have people that print things out and scribble then rescan at about 1/3 quality and send back.

• Upvote 1