Generic Bushes, Plants and Trees--low res? How to? See attached

zowie123

HI all

Do we have a low resolution generic plant, bush and tree option?

99% of the time I just need some low res generic plant fill.  Bush, plant, Tree.  Can we achieve something like sketchup has?  

High res detail plants generally detract from the main design, I  want them to be fast to place not use a lot of storage and barely exist.

Anyone have suggestions on how to get this look in Chief?  I would trade all 5 million plant for 10 generic ghosts.  

Thank you,

Barry

0083.jpg

Barry,

These are from the 3D Tree Bonus library - there are heaps of them in the library.

They seem to be similar to what you are asking for.

They can be easily tweeked to suit you needs by way of color, transparency, etc.

New Image_6.jpg

New Image_7.jpg

• Upvote 1

Cool, but in render view they look real, I would like them to look like that while rendering the house more realistically.  Is that possible? 

Otherwise I end up spending hours landscaping to make it all look real.  

Thanks for finding those and considering the issue.

Barry

1 hour ago, zowie123 said:

Cool, but in render view they look real, I would like them to look like that while rendering the house more realistically.  Is that possible?

Most of those 3D plants use images with transparent backgrounds.  Just change the material to a solid color and see if that works for you (with or without transparency).

Michael,

I think we may be talking about different things here.

I have a Bonus Library called 3D Plants - admittedly, I think it migrated forward over several versions.

I just checked on line and yes, the library there is called Bonus3Plants, but it only contains .png 2D images as you describe.

My library contains the 3D stylistic symbols as in my picture.

Barry,

Am I guessing that you have the same 3D stylistic library as myself?

You can make them look the same in vector view and render view.

They use a texture file for the leaves, etc in a render view.

All you have to do is delete the texture used.

The easiest way to do that is use the rainbow tool to select the leaves, branches, trunks and then delete the associated texture file.

Here is a before and after render view - the after have had their textures stripped out. 

New Image_12.jpg

New Image_13.jpg

And here is one with transparency applied to the leaves and trunks

59f1639ba8c87_NewImage_14.thumb.jpg.369fd248bd09ab2f67ff9a10254e067f.jpg

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, glennw said:

Michael,

I think we may be talking about different things here.

No...we are talking about the same thing.  I just may not have described it properly I guess.  I was saying almost the exact same thing you just said in your last post.  When I said that the 3D plants used images with transparent backgrounds, I was really just referring to the material definition same as you.  Instead of deleting the texture file though I was suggesting to change the material altogether and I also added the idea of possibly making the material semi-transparent.  

I do like your idea of just deleting the texture file though.  That's a pretty quick method.

Ah, I see now Michael.

Of course, the easiest way to see the trees similar in both render and vector views is to toggle off textures in the render view.

Downside is that it will toggle off ALL the textures in the plan - but if you don't want textures in your render view anyway, it is by far the easiest method. 

Or, use technical drawing or some other drawing method.

Place 3 D tree you like in blank plan, change view to one that suits you (vector, duotone, technical, watercolor-with or w/o color) Export image with transparent background.

Crop the image and save in data folder, images. Replace image for the 2D plant that is similar. Add to library. Pretty quick once figured out.

New 2D tree.png

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, zowie123 said:

Hi Mark, 

I'm not sure I get what you mean, export image?  Can this be done with a bunch of plants at the same time?  

Thanks,

Barry

Some elevation veiw- grid off, no background, only plants on-

File, Export Picture, transparent background, Should save as a PNG.

Sure you can do a batch. Just when you go to crop in image editor do save as with them.

.These have color on.

screen 049.png