Adding a valance to a base cabinet

sweetmelissa

New to Chief... would someone please spare me from "more" time wasted searching and tell me how you would attach a valance to a base cabinet? I figured out a way to do it but it was a bit complicated and I'm thinking there is an easier way.  I tried to do it within the individual cabinet dialogue where you add pilasters/feet etc... but that didn't work.  Eventually I just drug it over to the cabinet in an elevation view and then had to resize it and move it around to fit perfectly.  THANK YOU! Pic attached for basically what I'm looking for. 

valance options.jpg

Here are a few other ways to do it- simplest are the two on the right (edited oops) which have valance added in the accessories tab- one on the right has a custom symbol with returns.

The three on the left are not for the faint of hear to work out, takes a bit of practice and trial and error. Those have a custom door symbol that is a valance added.

The last one on the left is a cabinet used as a base with custom door symbol- then stick another cabinet on top.

Symbols are all in the plan. To learn from them open the objects DBX and also open the symbol DBX to see what is going on.

I don't set valances to stretch in the middle, rather  usually part way- open the symbols.

screen 045.png

Base w valance.plan

• Upvote 1