New computer

RCarter

I just purchased a new computer and am setting up CA and other programs tonight. So I'm basically learning CA all over again. So here's my first question of several I expect to be posting over the next couple of days...I do some renderings..before I would print screen..click Paint.. paste...cut ...don't save....paste ..save as  and file it..What is the process now. I'm using CA 6  and I went from vista to windows 10.

Like I said this is the first of several questions I will be posting as I set up CA

However I'm not impressed with the raytracing..Can someone help me with the setting.

My system consists of

Asus motherboard Prime B250-A

16 GB Ram

EVGA Geforce 1060 Graphic Card

Kingston V400 Series 240GB SSD

Intel Core i7-7700 4.2 Ghz Processor

PS...this is all Dutch to me

Thanks

RC

2 minutes ago, RCarter said:

However I'm not impressed with the raytracing..Can someone help me with the setting.

My system consists of

Asus motherboard Prime B250-A

16 GB Ram

EVGA Geforce 1060 Graphic Card

Kingston V400 Series 240GB SSD

Intel Core i7-7700 4.2 Ghz Processor

PS...this is all Dutch to me

Thanks

RC

What is it about the Ray Tacing that you are not impressed with. Is it the quality or speed. Speed of course is primarily the CPUs responsibility, the I7 7700 is a 4 core with hyper threading that gives you 8 logical cores, It's good compared to previous CPU generations but there are now many newer CPUs that offer everything up to 36 logical cores. Quality is of course primarily reliant on your lighting and material settings.

That's a lighting issue and has nothing to do with your CPU. If you wish to soften the hard shadows of the direct sun then just add a bit of Environment Light, start with a fairly low number first as the effect can be very strong. For overall contrast/crispness you need to use the image adjustment properties controls, back off the brightness and increase the contrast and/or the intensity. Can take a bit of playing around with but there is a lot of control there to get the look you wish. Have always found that the default settings produce soft washed out scenes, never use them.