Shadow Boards Will Not Connect

Larry_Sweeney

I have two roof planes that will not connect. As far as I can tell everything is the same. The small roof on the gable end doesn't "connect" at either corner. ("B" in attachment) Also a section to the shadow board is sticking through the roof. ("A" in attachment) This only sticks through the roof on one side of the gable end. I deleted surfaces to try and see why or what was sticking out and noticed there is only a short section of this molding. (?) I've been frigging with this problem way too long and am getting nowhere. It's probably something simple I'm missing, but I need a new set of eyes (brain) looking at it------mine is fried. I attached the plan if anyone wants to take a gander at my problem. Thank you.

post-76-0-36454200-1405648283_thumb.jpg

BERLIN REAR PORCH.zip

Bill....... I finally got my corners to connect, but I still have the bed moulding projecting through the roof on the left side of the gable. There is no projection of a bed moulding on the right side. I did/do have "EAVE ONLY" marked, but the molding still shows. I'm not sure what is different between your changes to eliminate this moulding through the roof and what I have. I'm sending along my revised plans with the corners connected and my bed moulding projecting for the roof. There must still be something different. Thanks for taking the time. It's always very much appreciated.

Mark....Thanks for taking the time. I looked at and studied your suggestions. I see you changed the pitch to get the connections and also some of the overhang distances. This morning. when I got up to the computer, I completely rebuilt the short roof on the gable end and then they connected. I did this last night also, but it didn't connect then. :wacko:  As I mentioned above to Bill, I still have the moulding projecting through the roof. I'm sure we'll get the problem solved. Thank you again. Have a great day.

BERLIN REAR PORCH 07192014.zip