Cabinet Hardware Problem

johnny

I'm using some Chief bonus lib pulls but i dont see an obvious location to change the "depth" from the drawer and door.  Chief is placing them "in" the door/drawer.  I see where to change other locations of these pulls but nothing for depth.  I have to be missing something.

cabinet.png

That pull works just fine for me.  I suspect it may actually be the Bella Drawer front that is the problem.  Where did you get that?  I don't have it in my library.  Try to copy and paste that drawer front to your user library (assuming its from a bonus or manufacturer library), right click and Open Symbol in the library, and check what the bounding box depth is.  I suspect its probably less than 3/4" (which is probably roughly what it SHOULD be.

If my suspicion is correct, you should report it to tech support.  In the meantime, you'll just have to modify and use the drawer front from your user library.  You'll have to modify it first though...

1. Take a cross section of that cabinet and measure how deep that drawer front is.
  2. Open Symbol in your user library and set the Bounding Box Depth to match that number. 
  3. Replace the drawer front with the new one from your user library.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

Johnny, that is controlled via the symbol DBX, there are X,Y & Z settings in there that determine that. What's a bit odd is that the vertical one seems fine on the flat door but the horizontal one is sunk into the slab drawer. Maybe the horizontal got changed somehow.

Thanks - that worked and got me by but I'll report the issue too.

Just now, johnny said:

Thanks - that worked and got me by but I'll report the issue too.

Glad it got you out of trouble. You may also wish to open the symbol on that drawer front to see as Michael suggested if it's thickness is correct. Most of the handles and knobs that I'm aware of are offset based on a 3/4" door/drawer thickness. If they are anything but you then have to go into the symbol DBX and set the handle or knob to position correctly.

4 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I downloaded that library Johnny and the door looks just fine on my end.  So does that pull.  And they work fine together as well.  Not sure what the deal is.  One of the 2 must have been corrupted on your system somehow though. 

I sent you a copy of the file if you wanted to see.