Window Label "Glitch"

judyjudyjudy

Label Issue.zipLabel Issue.zipLabel Issue.zipLabel Issue.zipWhen I click on "label" in the window specification box, it won't open. If I click above or below it and then try to scroll up or down to it ... it jumps over "label". I opened some of my other plans and they are now doing the same thing.  Shut down and restarted.  Still doing.
I did just have a Dell bios update?? Otherwise, not sure what could be causing this problem. Any ideas for me?

Label Issue.zip

Edited by judyjudyjudy
Attached newly created file. Same problem with doors!

I just now experienced this problem with ALL the objects in X9 plan file.  I go and open a specification dialog box and the left most tab that starts with "General" and had several items is now not allowing me to select the "Fill Style" option or the "Label" option.  I click on it and nothing happens, but when I then close the dialog box and choose any other object in the plan file then "open" that dialog, it defaults to highlight the last selected options, which in this case was "Label" and suddenly it opens, but if I choose any other item in that dialog and then go back to "Fill style" or "Label" it will not open again.

With two people experiencing this, it must be a bug.  This was preceeded by a rare CA lockup where I opened a section cut at my stairs, then tried to close the window, but it would not close that window, and I could not select any other windows, but it did allow me to save and close this CA file, so not a hard lockup.  Relaunched and opened, only to discover this odd ball issue.

I will now reboot my computer and see what happens next.

CRAP... I rebooted and relaunched CA, then just on a lark opened a previously good file and it had the same exact problem.  I then tried calling a friend with the same CA file and had his try his, and it worked fine.  I then called SSA tech support and for the first time ever, I got a recording saying they are in training! YIKES, I then looked out the window to make sure North Korea was not shooting missles over my state.

Looks like my copy of CA is now corrupted.  Might have to do a clean install.  Obviously CA will not be able to solve this kind of problem.

Wow. I tried the simplest fix which was to use the last CA X9 update to do a "repair" installation and I'm still having the issue!!!

That is a really oddball corruption of the program. I'll have to try uninstalling CA and start my installing an older version and see if the problem goes away and stays away with each update.  Bizarre to be sure.

LabelFillGlitch.jpg

I just uninstalled X9 and reinstalled the older version, open a blank file, inserted a cabinet, open it and tried the "Fill Style" and "Label" option and same problem.

That is very bizarre. Now I have to wait for the Tech support to stop training and answer their f****** phones!

• Downvote 1

I believe this is a problem with your video card driver.  Most people have been able to correct this problem by rolling back to an older driver.  You might want to try that to see what happens.  If that does not solve your problem, then I would recommend that you contact tech support when they are available.

On a side note, I would strongly encourage you to speak to them as one professional to another.

I'm trying the roll back now. I did try the newest driver but that was a bust, so now the May driver as tech support suggested.  Sorry I let my frustration leak out Dermot.  First time I've had this kind of problem and first time I've ever had that message from the phone support line.  Timing seemed odd, since the Nvidia driver was working fine for several months and magically stopped work today, just when I really need to get a bunch of things done.  The my dishwasher leaked out onto my hardwood floors, followed by my wifes car glitching and requiring a new car, then my Aunt died, and on and on, all in one week!

Looks like the roll back to the late May 64 bit driver work!  *****sigh******

It is most likely the actual video card AND drivers then. I've got the MX940 card in a laptop, whereas you have the 980 card.

I tried the driver dated 10/12 released on 10/23 and it did not correct the problem ( I was on the Sept driver update when this started)

So I can see why software developers like CA have fits and starts when these updates occur across so many platforms, cards and systems.