Cabinet Types

Mike_B

4 minutes ago, Mike_B said:

Can I make the default cabinet type kraftmade

You can do that but it will only affect cabinets placed after the fact. It will not automatically go through and reconfigure all of the existing cabinets unless you redefine in the defaults all of the individual default settings like the door/drawer type etc. If you have done any customization on an existing cabinet then this will remain as it will not be defined as default.

Why do you need to change the name. I don't think those manufacture catalogs are designed for ordering purposes, certainly not like 2020 where the catalogs are directly tied to the manufactures order, pricing and production systems.

30 minutes ago, Mike_B said:

Can I change all the cabinets I have in a kitchen to one of the branded types such as kraftmade without having to change each unit individually?

Set your default template to have the correct top drawer height and toe size- whatever you like for the rest (wall cab height-counter overhangs and corners etc)

I place the most commonly used mfg doors, along with species, colors and moldings-some other parts into a folder in my user catalog.

Then point the default cabinet door and drawer to one of those. It is much easier to navigate in one folder than be clicking around all the catalogs. Note be sure to set the default door style for applied panels to match.

So go and design -to change door style you then only have to change the default door style and everything placed (that you didn't alter) will change. To change those that you altered you can drag the door symbol onto it in a 3D view.

So to affirm what Richard said. Get to know the program and what it does and doesn't do-in particular explore defaults and pay close attention to those that are "dynamic" Noted with a (D). Look around the forum for old posts in tips and elsewhere.

Another useful thing to do for specific cabinet brands is to make several cabinets that require either configuration (drawer bases, micro) , a special label (trash pullouts, etc), or added code for modifications in the OIP feilds. Place those in your user library folder for the brand. 

These should only be made from the cabinets using the Build, Cabinets -do NOT use the Chief core library cabinets. Only those from the build menu will follow defaults dynamically.

After doing your plan you use "replace from library" to place those cabinets where you need them. (I make drawer bases at 15" wide so they will always fit)

Here is one of my mfg folders in the user library along with an expanded view of one brands cabinets there.

screen 042.png

screen 044.png