Aarg! Vaulted ceiling w/slopped soffit beams

mrrozhall

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to figure out how to create a vaulted ceiling in the Family Rm on this plan.  I want slopped soffit beams.  I can't seem to get the ceiling to slope properly.  Attached pic shows the direction I want the beams to run.  I watched the video below, but my ceiling won't properly slope like the video.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/5521/sloped-soffits.html

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm using X8

Thx everyone

Roz

KIDD_RAMBLERIDGE_REVERSED.plan

Capture.PNG

Your big problem is the the top right hand corner of the Family room where the green wall runs up and down the screen.

The roof/ceiling springing off that wall is horizontal at the the ceiling height of 133 9/16".

You will need to resolve that conflict.

Assuming that you want to leave the roof alone:

Maybe have a flat ceiling either side of the room for the length of that green bit of wall - about 3'3"

long.

New Image_7.jpg

Glennw, your idea worked.  I basically brought in the exterior wall past the thick green wall the 3'3".  Made the room a bit smaller but I can extend it elsewhere.  Was able to perfectly get the vaulted look I was after.  Many many thanks for that idea.

Ya'll rock!

Solver,

For the polyline solids, can I slope them?  I've never worked with them before.  I was able to finally get the vaulted ceiling using glennw's idea.  Now, I just need to place beams using either polyline solids or soffits.  New plan is attached.

Can you create one beam using either soffit or polyline solid following the sloped ceiling?  I can learn from this and do the rest.

Thanks again folks.  You're always a life saver.

Roz

KIDD_RAMBLERIDGE_REVERSED.plan