Macro People..is their a way to change color of window/door/room labels on an individual basis

Renerabbitt

16 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

Macro People..is their a way to change color of window/door/room labels on an individual basis

as the title says..cheers!

Ruby macros as implemented by CA are read only. Macro can not change anything, other than output label, text box, rich box content.

Saying that, if you are interested in having a different color of a "existing window" label vs "new window" you can assign text to two different layers:

Windows, Labels Existing and Windows, Labels New. Each layer could be assigned a different color.

17 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

as the title says..cheers!

The answer is complex...

-You can use referenced macros along with standard Text or Rich Text boxes as Eric suggested but I much prefer to stick to using owner context macros whenever possible and I'll give you some ways to do that below...

-Referenced macros won't work for room labels but depending on what you need to display, you can use standard Text or Rich Text boxes along with Chief's built in Global Room Info macros

-Here's something that works with normal non-referenced labels but it only works in layout...

1. Place objects for which you would like to have different colored labels onto different layers and only display one group of those objects using one specific color for the labels (done by changing the color for the labels' layer).
  2. Send your view to layout
  3. Copy/paste in place your layout box
  4. Create a unique layer set for that second layout box where all layers are turned off except for your next group of items for which you would like the next color, and then change the labels' layer to the appropriate color.

Hope that made sense.  If not, let me know what doesn't and I'll try to clarify a bit.