First Floor Subfloor level

marisco

I am trying to adjust the first floor subfloor level as my clients choice of joist supplier could not match my spec of an 11 7/8" joist instead using 14" and guess what, they already poured the foundation and I need to submit updated drawings for the changes. When originally drawn, the first floor subfloor was referenced at 0 above terrain int he settings. The terrain is acutally about 20" lower, however, witht he increased joist height, I need to move that reference up by 2 1/8". When changing the value in the terrain box, I get no change in the main floor subfloor height (still shows as 0.51m above reference grade of 0m, instead of 0.56m). Any clues as to how to move this up? I want the foundation to stay put as it is already in and I can't very well tell them to lower the footings by 2 1/8" can I lol.

Any help on this would be great - for now I think a cross section for the framer manually editing the reference geodetics may do the trick, but I need to get new plans done by the weekend. see the attached screenshot of my cross section and how the change in joist height messed up my footings instead of moving subfloor. (old plan with 11 7/8 joists on right)

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 10.30.26 PM.png

I think you have just presented the perfect example for a current discussion at the end of this thread that got a little off topic :

I am sure I will be quickly corrected if I am wrong but I believe that you will have to raise your building pad by entering - 2 1/8" in the "Subfloor Height Above Terrain:"  and then go through your whole plan file and edit the Absolute Elevations for every 1st floor room and above by adding 2 1/8" to the existing values. Also watch out for items that have elevations that are not referenced from floor level and you may also have to manually raise the roof unless it is still set to auto.  Please first make a copy of your plan file just in case I am not correct and you end up with a mess.  Good Luck.   Actually you may not have the change the Building Pad.  Try leaving that at 0.