exporting 3D models from CA X8

CA-User

I bought a copy of CA X8 online. I just want it for the 3D exporting and to use the viewer. However, I don't have cloud access with CA. Do you only get this if you purchase directly through CA? Can you buy this as an add-on?

Also, I exported my plan to 3DS. I used http://3dviewer.net/ to open it. It looks good and is very smooth, but it doesn't show plants or background. Is there a way to show these? 

I just want to have simple models that we can show or embed them online. 

3ds viewer.JPG

You may have more success with a .DAE export as it does not have as many restrictions as 3DS.  It should export everything in the plan file that is visible in camera view but not the background.  That is usually up to the viewing software to provide.

ok, thanks.

Do you know how the CA viewer can be used without a CA Cloud account? Or is the cloud account purchased separately? The one I bought must be registered in a previous owner's name. My HDP 2015 locker doesn't have a Cloud option. 

CA Locker.JPG

Yes viewer only works with cloud account and I believe is included with software purchase.  I would give CA a call and get it sorted out.  Or HDP 2015 may not even have that option.

Is that listed as an Export option from camera view ?

3D Viewer.JPG

On 10/9/2017 at 4:45 PM, CA-User said:

I bought a copy of CA X8 online. I just want it for the 3D exporting and to use the viewer. However, I don't have cloud access with CA. Do you only get this if you purchase directly through CA? Can you buy this as an add-on?

Also, I exported my plan to 3DS. I used http://3dviewer.net/ to open it. It looks good and is very smooth, but it doesn't show plants or background. Is there a way to show these? 

I just want to have simple models that we can show or embed them online. 

3ds viewer.JPG

3ds files will show plants only if you use CA's 3d plant catalog. All other plants are 2d images and thus not visible in an exterior 3d platform. Try using sketchfab, you will be able to import your own background there. Their are multiple posts in regards to sketchfab export/import

I use sketchfab and am very happy with it.  Must export 3DS from CA, ZIP the file and upload to Sketchfab.  However, Sketchfab only allows 100 textures so if you have a lot of furniture with many colors or lots of 3d trees/plants/flowers of different types, the textures can add up quickly.  Check the file and see how many .PNG files are in it - if more than 70 or 80 I have had trouble getting Sketchfab to look right.

These are the requirements for the Chief Architect 3D Viewer:

To export a 3D Viewer model from Chief Architect you will need current SSA and your software must be Chief Architect Premier or Interiors, 18.3 or newer.

More information about the 3D Viewer can be found here: 

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/3d-viewer/

You should probably contact our sales/customer service to see if you purchased a legal version of X8 that can be transferred to you.  If so, then you should be able to purchase SSA which will have the added benefit of letting you get the latest version, X9 as part of the service.  If not, then they can discuss your other options.

• 4 weeks later...