TV BATHROOM CABINETRY QUESTIONS

interiorarch

Hello. 

Please see the attached screenshots & Chief Architect floor plan to use as reference to my question(s).

In the first screenshot, I placed this specific sink we have used on previous projects into this base cabinet (Symbol Name: K-2882  Verticyl Under-Mount Bathroom Sink).  `Our team noticed the corner treatment was rounded, however, in the Base Cabinet Specification its Selected as "None" for the corners.  We are trying to figure out why it is still keeping the corners round if we have asked Chief not to.  

The second screenshot with the pink circles illustrates a panel on the side of this base cabinet that needs to recess back 1/4".  Is this even possible to have this much flexibility with cabinets, etc. in Chief Architect.  

Hopefully this makes sense.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank You!

TV_Bathroom_Rounded_Counter.png

TV_Bathroom_Base_Cabinet_Pannel.png

Regarding the sink problem, the Countertop Corner Treatment settings do not affect any holes in the countertop.  The sink hole comes from the cad block for the sink symbol.  It was set to have a beveled inside corner by the symbol designer when it was built.  It is possible to change this but the process is not trivial.  Basically, you will have to create your own sink symbol using a custom cad block that contains the sink hole that you want.

Regarding the cabinet side/back panel, when using an inset panel you can set the panel thickness to be whatever you want .  You need to change the thickness on the Accessories panel of the Cabinet Specification dialog from 3/4" to 1/2" to see the 1/4" set back.

• Upvote 2

Basically the Countertop Corner Setting refers only to the countertop itself , not any holes in the countertop

As for the side panel you need to set the Panel Configuration on the Accessories Tab 1st and then set the Side to Panelled or Auto Panelled....

From your plan.....  like this

Capture45.thumb.JPG.a44e6555dbf3a1efe70251cb218544fa.JPGCapture47.thumb.JPG.ab652626fea78c8d7ecdfdbd872ca95f.JPG :

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dermot said:

Regarding the cabinet side/back panel, when using an inset panel you can set the panel thickness to be whatever you want .  You need to change the thickness on the Accessories panel of the Cabinet Specification dialog from 3/4" to 1/2" to see the 1/4" set back.

Good tip Dermot.  I missed this the first time I read through the thread or I may not have even added my own side panel suggestion to the video.  That being said...

Just a quick note for anyone following along.  I used a different and seemingly less efficient method in my video.  I essentially created a custom door front and used that instead.  I think its worth noting that if you use a door front from the library by Specifying an Appliance/Door/Drawer here...

Specify.thumb.jpg.59d0737ed05e6baef3be8cb94fbe3959.jpg

...you get 2 added benefits:

1. You can control your panels on a side by side basis.
  2. You can create more accurate drawings by actually using the proper thickness material and then modifying the Y origin offsets as I demonstrated in the video to properly locate the panel in relation to the frame.

The method Dermot mentioned is quicker and easier for most situations.  It just might be a bit more limiting.

• Upvote 2