STOP changing all rooms

Arkad7

How do I stop Chief Architect from changing multiple rooms/levels when I change the ceiling height of one room? On a split level house, if I change the height of the kitchen, all the walls on the adjoining level drop to the height of the kitchen wall. So the kitchen wall is 9 feet, and the bedroom walls are 5 feet. If I change the bedrooms back, the kitchen wall becomes 14 feet tall. The kitchen isn't even touching the exterior wall between the two levels. I've tried room dividers to separate the two. I've only had the program for a couple weeks, and I'm at a standstill. 

Chief Split.jpg

You must start with the uppermost level first and work your way downward in setting floor levels.  This is the way Chief needs it to be apparently.

So if you want to change your lower floor level you have to change the upper floor.  If you search on the forum there are some good vids....look for Scott Hall vids.  He has a YouTube channel too.

I've gone through some videos about split-levels, but I'll go through them again. I've got the home laid out; I'm still trying to find something to address this problem specifically. Starting at the top would be difficult for a cape cod style, which essentially depends on the lower level to dictate what's available upstairs

You  draw (multi-)split-floorplan as it is flat: floor one, floor 2, etc. After the plan is drawn, but before the roof... select the rooms at the top floor that you want lowered, go into the structure tab and and change Floor (C) value. Now move to the lower floor(s) and do the same thing. 

Here is my old multisplit plan, wasn't that difficult.

SplitFloors.jpg

Staircase was a nightmare, as I could never get it to understand that I want to stop right rail at the wall.