How do you keep track of your projects

BenPalmer

I put this in Q&A as to gain a larger audience.  While it may not be directly related to Chief, it is directly related to running the business with Chief, which keeps Chief in business. :)

This was brought up and better explained by Rod a while back: https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/14875-external-software-for-project-management/

Looking for input on how each of you track your jobs: priority, assignment to employees, due dates, tracking, notes, etc.

I currently use a spreadsheet with some macros, but pretty simplistic. wondering if there is some good software for this.  I've researched some software that is overkill for what i'm looking for, but perhaps it can be simpler.

Any input is appreciated as i'm sure others will benefit from this as well.

Ben, I have a larger team than most but I use MS Sharepoint with Access Web Apps and now we are converting to Powerapps.  It integrates awesome with fire organization using OneDrive for Business.  There are even some project management modules you can simply install into the site.  Its completely cloud computing at its finest.

What I think you would like about Sharepoint is how scaleable it is.  You don't need to create a custom web-app like we did you can use Lists like you do Excel and then add/build services using Powerapps as you need.  Its actually kinda fun.

There is a feature called "Workflow" that is really helpful where you set quick rules where if you place a file in a directory it automatically sends out an email with the file link to a customer and asks them to approve.  Its nearly endless what you can do.

Combination of OneDrive/Teamviewer/ and the main one is PlanGrid.

I am the sole designer for a design-build firm and perform the occasional collaboration with a freelance designer, so my software implementation reflects my business model. Plangrid has been fantastic for collaborating with clients and field crew