Snap Setting Issue Resolved by Michael (phone support)

Archnot-Boltz

This morning, I was having major issues with the Point to Point tool when moving  a floor ceiling beam to a cad intersection (two perpendicular cad lines) while in framing annotations mode. It appeared that the library item, a bonus library millwork (8" column) seemed to be interfering(blocking) the snap point intersection. I called phone tech support and was getting help from MIchael but with no resolution on this issue. After punting and relegating to send my plan file to tech support I brought up another issue I was having with driveways not cutting the curb at a street intersection .During discussion of this terrain issue, I found out that his snap distance setting was "12 pixels" and mine (which was the default X9 setting) was set at "5 pixels".

After ending my tech support call, I reset my snap distance to 12 pixels and my point to point issue went away and my snapping behavior is way more acceptable from what it's been (also discovered that my default setting in X8 has been 5 pixels for the snapping distance, which explains a lot of my previous issues and frustrations while using x8. Why would Chief set the snap distance at 5 pixels by default? Or did I somehow do it and not remember......? What is the default setting from Chief for the snap distance setting?

Regardless, I would like to thank Michael in phone support for helping me discover and fix my snapping issues.-Brad

Edited by Archnot-Boltz
more pertinent info

Thanks Bill, I recently upgraded from 8 to 9 and I guess my snap settings migrated from 8?  I'm thinking that maybe in X8 I must have changed it to 5 pixels to try and stop my dimensions from snapping off of "Ortho" when pulling a string across a busy drawing. Who knows. 

Looks like another case of "User Error".-bB