Text With Leader Line Issue

Archnot-Boltz

I've been having/noticing issues (X8 & x9) when I use the  "Text with Leader Line" function. See attached images. When I create a piece of text with leader line and then select the leader line end to pull the leader arrow on a hinged angle, the arrow reverses and points back at the original leader end point. Why and for what reason would Chief give us this "Feature"? The leader lines behave "properly" if you delete the leader arrow and then select Option/Add Arrow.

If it's not a "feature" then my suggestion would be to please fix this behavior.

thanks,

Brad

Text With Leader Line Arrow Issue.PNG

17 minutes ago, rlackore said:

I suspect you have Connect CAD Segments toggled off. Toggle it on, then see if the behavior persists.

ccs.thumb.PNG.15955396bfecac1a806bac29997e9279.PNG

First thing I look for. Always have on except when modifying  a cad polyline. See attached Screen Shot attempting to explain sequence in which it occurs. I wish I knew how to do a vid to better describe the behavior. May have to bug phone support this morning. 

Text With Leader Line Arrow Issue-2.PNG

I was unable to duplicate your result using "Leader Line Text".  Note that you can also simply "break" the existing line and then adjust the arrowhead location.

IAE, I don't know how you got the result you did.  It's obvious that the offending line isn't connected - just by looking at your pic because there are no handles on the first segment.

I was able to do it by drawing a new "Text Arrow" with the second point at the existing arrowhead.

1 hour ago, Joe_Carrick said:

I was unable to duplicate your result using "Leader Line Text".  Note that you can also simply "break" the existing line and then adjust the arrowhead location.

IAE, I don't know how you got the result you did.  It's obvious that the offending line isn't connected - just by looking at your pic because there are no handles on the first segment.

I was able to do it by drawing a new "Text Arrow" with the second point at the existing arrowhead.

I'm sorry Joe, I used the wrong name for the tool. It is "Leader Line" text which to my way of thinking is a Text with a Leader Line (Capital "T" with and Arrow Icon). Typically in the past, I used the "break" tool to create the bend but recently (in X8), I started using the "diamond" grab handle which saves a mouse click. Why should I have to use the "break" tool when it's easier to grab the "diamond" handle & pull it to whatever object I'm pointing to? I just don't understand the need for the behavior of the arrow pointing back to itself and would like Chief to fix it. 

Thanks for examining the issue and corroborating the behavior when drawing a new "Text Arrow". -BB

32 minutes ago, Archnot-Boltz said:

Typically in the past, I used the "break" tool to create the bend but recently (in X8), I started using the "diamond" grab handle which saves a mouse click. 

I suggest you simplify things and set Preferences>Appearance>Text>Leader Lines>Number of Segments to 2; then you won't have to break a leader line, or drag out another segment - three clicks to draw the leader, then the text box will pop up.

leader.thumb.PNG.49be614ee3ef93270107c273234e0670.PNG

53 minutes ago, rlackore said:

I suggest you simplify things and set Preferences>Appearance>Text>Leader Lines>Number of Segments to 2; then you won't have to break a leader line, or drag out another segment - three clicks to draw the leader, then the text box will pop up.

leader.thumb.PNG.49be614ee3ef93270107c273234e0670.PNG

Already have that setting. It's the second leader line( Options/Add Arrow) that doesn't have the 2(two) segments and requires using the break tool or the "Diamond" Grab Point. The "Diamond" Grab Handle causes the arrow to point back onto itself per my attached screenshot.

Text With Leader Line Arrow Issue-2.PNG

Text Arrows are really for connecting from an existing text object to something you want to point to.

Personally, I prefer "Leader Line Text" in most cases. 

When I want a second arrow I simply "Add an Arrow" or use a "Text Arrow" starting at the center of the existing Text. 

In either case, I do not get the problem you are experiencing.