NKBA Annotations

JASInteriors

I am trying to use the NKBA Auto Dimensions in Chief Premier X9 and was successful on doing so, but having an issue....I went up to the tab where it says 1/4" scale annotations and clicked the down arrow to show more options just like one of the training videos show and there are no other options. So I do not know where they have went and even went into the default setting and still no luck with more options other than the 1/4" scale.

Also under the NKBA dimensions, will the program have an "alert" of somesorts to notify the designer if there is an issue with the layout or a pathway or anything like that. I have used 2020 design program in the past and it did just that.

Thanks in advance,

James

Seems like maybe your Annotation Sets got deleted or corrupted.  You could try Importing a copy from a Profile plan or actually any other plan file if you have customized things.  File> Import> Import Annotation Sets...   But you first have to Export from the good plan file.

There is Plan Check but not sure how many NKBA items it checks.  Tools> Checks....

10 hours ago, JASInteriors said:

will the program have an "alert" of somesorts to notify the designer if there is an issue with the layout or a pathway or anything like that. I have used 2020 design program in the past and it did just that

No it doesn't do that. Michael (Alaskan Son) posted a kitchen work triangle tool some time ago. I use it once in a while but usually just use the tape measure tool to pull a leg of the triangle to check.

I frequently set a polyline with an angle cross hatch pattern-transparent backgournd, on it's own layer- makes snapping islands and such easier. Keep another layer for guides to place circles for clearance of open doors/drawers, appliances. Have all those on working layer sets but don't show on printing sets.

For the rest, I guess I have the guidelines almost committed to memory but I do keep a pdf copy of them for my senior moments. FWIW I kept that feature turned off in 2020.

screen 007.png

• Upvote 1

So for fun, I just opened CA.X9 and started a new plan and for the drop down menu for the different scale options I am only seeing (NKBA Annotations) and to the left of that is another drop down menu that has the different "sets" I can select those but still having/seeing different options under the scale options.

Can you export from another plan file to fix your template plan or do you need a donor set? The default right drop down menu is for your Annotation sets. You could rebuild them manually but if it is just the default ones it would be easier to import.

So for fun, I just opened CA.X9 and started a new plan and for the drop down menu for the different scale options I am only seeing (NKBA Annotations) and to the left of that is another drop down menu that has the different "sets" I can select those but still having/seeing different options under the scale options.

There are two drop downs on the default toolbar configuration that ships with the program.  The one on the left is for the current layer set and the one on the right is for the current annotation set.  You can always tell which one is which by hovering over the toolbar until you get the pop-up hint.

It sounds like the template plan you are using has only one annotation set.  You can create new annotation sets or import annotation sets from other plans.  The real question is "why does your default template have only one annotation set?"  If you are using Chief Architect Premier, the default template has several annotation sets already available.  If you migrate your template plans forward from an older version,  you may not have these annotation sets.  You can also manually modify your default template to add or remove annotation sets.  Without knowing more about what product you are using and what you have already done, I can only make guesses.

There is a lot of information about this in the training videos and through the program help.  If all else fails, you may want to contact technical support during normal business hours.

• Upvote 1