JASInteriors

As long as your shelves only need to be rectangular in shape, I would use the cabinet shelf tool.  Cabinet shelves can have molding added to them which gives you ability to add various edge profiles to them.

If you need a more free form shape, I would probably use a custom counter top instead.

If you need to show some kind of support, you can always place brackets under them.  You can also block the shelf and brackets together if you want to treat them like a single object.

shelves.png

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dermot said:

Cabinet shelves can have molding added to them which gives you ability to add various edge profiles to them.

Can do that with cabinets too, with some hacking (make brackets cabinet doors) you can have them as part of the cabinet. The advantage is they get into the schedule so you can order them. Maybe X10 will place shelves and partitions into the schedule without the work arounds?

screen 008.png

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, MarkMc said:

Can do that with cabinets too, with some hacking (make brackets cabinet doors) you can have them as part of the cabinet. The advantage is they get into the schedule so you can order them. Maybe X10 will place shelves and partitions into the schedule without the work arounds?

screen 008.png

Can i ask what happens when you resize the shelf?  Do the brackets stay in location or are they relative to the edge?

6 hours ago, johnny said:

Can i ask what happens when you resize the shelf?  Do the brackets stay in location or are they relative to the edge?

Yes, they are inserted into the back. At some point it is wise to add another. If they were not "by others" i'd be placing them in as separate items to included in the schedule.

screen 011.png

Shelves.plan