Commercial Raised Stucco Panels

Cassidi

Hi everyone, 

I am a new user and have successfully created a 3 story commercial/residential building. 

Now I need to design the exterior... With commercial stucco panels and a mix of stone and lap.

I can do the lap and stone, but can't figure out how to make customized panels... I can't even get break wall to work properly. 

Is there anyway that I can create custom panels in orthographic view? 

See attached pic.

Ideas.jpg

3 hours ago, Cassidi said:

Hi everyone, 

I am a new user and have successfully created a 3 story commercial/residential building. 

Now I need to design the exterior... With commercial stucco panels and a mix of stone and lap.

I can do the lap and stone, but can't figure out how to make customized panels... I can't even get break wall to work properly. 

Is there anyway that I can create custom panels in orthographic view? 

See attached pic.

Ideas.jpg

Try this:

joints.zip

3 hours ago, solver said:

Material regions don't wrap corners well so I might use a solid.

They could be blocked once they are drawn on one wall, then copied and placed elsewhere.

ct1.thumb.jpg.01ec518e9dd89ed3fdfa27a10e24203c.jpg

A trick i do that does work on the corners is to make a new wall type with the added thickness of the panel, and then use material regions for the relief and align at the corners and it will cut.  Its very effective.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. 

I don't know if this was super dumb of me or not, but this is what I did...

I created a polyline solid, and made it the thickness I wanted, then copied and pasted every single one and matched them up.

I'm slowly learning, but am still a little confused as to the shortcuts. I'm not really sure what you meant by material regions for the relief Johnny :(

Panels.thumb.PNG.0500ef84e6fcde3170c9f92b0a24e2b2.PNG

On ‎2017‎-‎10‎-‎04 at 7:49 PM, johnny said:

A trick i do that does work on the corners is to make a new wall type with the added thickness of the panel, and then use material regions for the relief and align at the corners and it will cut.  Its very effective.

Johnny was suggesting using Materials Regions as the Joints , as a Material Region is capable of cutting into it's Parent Object, giving you the needed inset at each joint. It cuts to the Framing Layer ( Main Layer) so you need to make the Joint thick enough to allow for the plywood, rainscreen and 1/16th of the HardiPanel  (eg about 7/8 or 15/16th), so you don't see the Building Wrap/Paper etc in the Joints.

You may also need to add a Rain screen layer ( use an extra framing layer) which isn't in any of Chief Wall types too.

Here is the Play Plan for the image below....

Hardi+Material Region Joints Plan.plan

Capture23.JPG